"Do you know..."

"She's staying with Brian and Irene."

"Thanks." He stood for a moment not knowing if what he was doing was the right thing to do.

"Get out Ethan." Sarah laughed at him. "Go and get our girl back."

He went with a laugh following him.

*****

Nervously he waited at the door. Waiting to see if he was welcome. He wouldn't be surprised if the door was slammed in his face. He wouldn't be too forgiving if he was dealing with someone who made Hannah cry.

"Ethan, come in." Irene opened the door and stepped to the side. "Ella's on the back verandah. Follow me."

Shutting the door she proceeded to lead him through the house. As they came to the kitchen she spun to look at him and he had to jump back so he wouldn't run into her.

"You made my daughter cry." Her eyes accusing.

"Yes ma'am. I know, Stacy told Sarah."

"Do you regret it?"

"No. She needed to cry." He wasn't sure where this was leading but he wasn't ready for when Irene threw her arms around him.

"Thank you Ethan."

"Ma'am?"

Stepping back from him she laughed. "You were right. She needed to cry and we couldn't help her with that. So... thank you."

Ethan grinned "um...you're welcome ma'am?"

Shaking her head she scolded "I'm not  that old. Call me Irene or call me Mum."

"Mum?" he was surprised.

"You're going to be part of this family Ethan so yes you can call me Mum. Know this though... "her voice dropped "If you hurt my daughter I'll kill you."

Obviously he was horrified to the point where it showed on his face and she laughed at him as she walked away and pointed to a door.

"She's through there."

"Thank you... Mum" his cheeky grin surfaced again.

Rubbing his sweaty palms on his jeans he pushed the door open and stepped outside. Looking around he found her sitting in the corner with her feet on the chair in front of her. Alex was beside her playing on his mat tapping at the mobile that swung over him. Ethan couldn't help but grin at the memories of a time with Hannah and the squeals that echoed in his mind were similar to the ones he heard now. He wanted so badly to pick him up, hold him close and protect him from the world. He wanted to teach him how to do everything a father could teach his child. It was that moment that Ethan realised without a doubt that  he wanted to be a father to Alex.

"You came."

Her voice softly spoken broke him from his thoughts.

"You didn't call me."

He could see the wince she made.

"I didn't think you really wanted anything to do with me." Her shoulders slumped.

"Why?"

"I disappointed you. I could see it in your eyes."

Exhaling he started to walk towards her. There were other chairs nearby but he picked up her feet and sat down putting them on his lap. She was surprised but didn't move them as she kept her gaze away from him.

"I needed you to understand. I wanted..."

"Holly was an amazing woman. The night of the full moon she told me you'd find me. I thought you'd find me together." She looked up at him " I thought... I thought she was the luckiest woman in the world because she had you."

Ethan couldn't believe what he was hearing. Had she remembered everything or was it just bits and pieces?

"I still think you're the devil incarnate."

His hands gripped her feet as he sat in shock staring at the beautiful woman in front of him.

"Nellie?" he hoarsely whispered "is it true. Please, tell me you remember everything...that you remember... me?"

"I owe you my life Ethan. You saved me back then and you saved me now."

"Do you really remember? Do you remember everything? Please baby tell me... do you remember me?" His pleading eyes met hers as the tears fell and she nodded, unable to speak.

The only noise from the verandah was the mumbled protests of  baby who couldn't grab hold of the toy that was taunting him.

"I called my mum. She and West are coming to see me."

Ethan couldn't handle it anymore. He wanted to run to the top of the highest hill and yell for joy. To scream from the rooftops and stop everyone in the street and tell them how happy he was. His crystal blue eyed girl had remembered him!

He placed Nellies feet to the ground and with a gentle tug on her hand he drew her into his arms. Holding her close he felt alive, he felt like he could breathe again. His heart, his soul and his wolf felt... complete.

Nellie buried her head in the crook of his neck silently sobbing. She felt like she'd come home. She felt her life starting all over again. She just hoped Ethan was a part of it. They needed to do a lot of talking but for these brief moments they were content with simply holding each other.