Ikemen-san was more handsome than the royalties who legit were deemed to be the most beautiful people in the kingdom. If he was a lingering spirit, you can bet I'll exposed the secrets behind his death. To think such ikemen was dead, there must be jealousy involved in his case.

There is only one truth! He was murdered! And since his soul wandered around the castle's garden, the royalties are suspicious.

...My imagination ran wild. I must have read too much novel. Well, I did.

Let's just ask.

I ran towards my maid.

"Young lady, you shouldn't run! It's dangerous!" She warned me.

Haha. At least she didn't say it's unladylike. 'Cause if she did, I could really give her a cold smile right now.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. During my time as the prince's fiance, she really went overboard on how my behaviour doesn't fit as a future princess consort. A maid who doesn't know her place, I should really fire her soon.

Moreover, she was a maid assigned to me from the castle. She should be unqualified to tell me off since she's not even a maid from our house. But because she came to be my maid as per order from the royals, she became really conceited.

So, why is she here when my engagement's already broken? Either she's here to anger me or to disturb my peace. Well, she might as well be here to fetch me, obeying an order from the King. I think the discussion regarding this time incident has ended.

Seems like my mood will improve when I see papa after this. He really done a good job, breaking my engagement.

"Never mind that, Lura. Do you know where the young man who was talking with me went to?" For now, let's ask the more important stuffs.

"Do you mean the hooded figure just now? He went towards the forest soon after I called you, young lady." She explained.

Thank goodness she didn't say anything unnecessary. But I celebrated too soon, apparently.

"However young lady. It's not good to be with a man alone soon after your engagement got annuled. What would people say if they saw you? Furthermore, it's in the middle of the night? What do you think- Young lady, this is why the prince-" She sighed while shaking her head, making it looks like it's futile to even explain further.

This. Woman. I know you were gonna say 'this is why the prince annulled his engagement'. And besides, 'in the middle of the night'? I see your thoughts are too indecent to even be lecturing an innocent 8-year-old kid who was just taking a walk in the garden without ulterior motives, that she might be misunderstood of committing adultery.

I guess the whole time she was in the Volmilarg Mansion, she never try to understand why father always let me go on a stroll even without servants by my side.

Whatever it is, I have asked you nicely. It seems I was too lenient with you, for you to dare step beyond the line.

Ah, now my mood is ruined.

Ahh, but at least now I know that ikemen-san wasn't a ghost. That's the only benefit I got through talking with Lura, though.

I hope I got to meet him again. Let me drool upon-- wait no. Let me daze upon seeing his face once again. OK, that sounds more proper.

"No more words from you. Let us part." I coldly spat that out, making Lura stupefied.

But not three steps away I walked...

"Do not fear to kip this night."

I immediately turned around.

"For I have scared the nightmare away..."
His voice faded in the wind, but no silhouette could be seen.

Once again, the soft breeze caressed my cheeks. This time, not only was it gentle, even my anger has been appeased.

The ride on the way home was very calm.

That night too, papa enthusiastically work on the documents needed for dissolving the engagement formally.

...

"I apologize, young lady Maridis. It seems Master is very excited to get his work done tonight, I have to assist him." Silen solemnly explained. "I apologize that I couldn't fend off the nightmare for you tonight." He said as he silently tucked me into bed.

Really Silen! You are too kind for your own good! This ikemen!

"Please, don't worry. Take care to not overwork. Tell that to papa too." I told him

He gave me a small smile. "If you can't sleep, please come to the office. I'll prepare a hot chocolate for you." He slightly bowed. "Good night, Lady Maridis"

"Yes, good night."

And he promptly left.

"For I have scared the nightmare away..."

The same melodious voice played again in my head.

Uhhhhh..... That's too unfair! Even the hero in the light novels I read and the capture targets in the otome game I played is not that sweet~~ Kyahahah~~ I'm gonna melt.

I rolled around on my bed, fangirling non-stop.

I'm gonna melt! I'm already melting~ Melting..... Mel....ting......zzz....

I wonder if I'm so tired that drowsiness overruled my fangirling that night. The same reassuring words was echoing again and again till I was lulled asleep.

That was the first time in a while I had such a fulfilling sleep.

____

.

.

.

Author is excited! Kirarin~☆

I thought I wouldn't be able to do over 1000 words.

But I did it!!!!

*clap* *clap* *clap*

What do you think this time around?

Readers: "Heavens, I know this girl is not gonna wait for answer"

One minute later....

"Welp, she actually waited!"

Kirarin~☆