Madara x reader / Happy Birthday

Requested by Sphinxvi-ir

Hope you will like it. 😁

......

(Y/n)'s POV

Winter.

I always liked winter. The cold weather, the snow, the beautiful landscapes. I always like it for those reasons and more. It's my favorite season. It's something that I will always be looking forward to seeing.

Winter is a season for warm drinks, as teas and chocolates. It's a season that you sit near your window and admire the snow falling outside. It's a season that you sit near the fireplace enjoying its warmth. Warm clothes with high boots for endless walks in the snowy forest. Long hours in the kitchen for a warm plate of food. Many hours under your bed covers.

That's why I love winter.

However, if I was to add something more in the list that would be my birthday. The day I love the most. I usually am out that day. Being surrounded by friends, family and many presents. That day I am reminding myself how lucky I am. I am reminding myself how happy the people around me can make me, how much they care for me.

I am always happy at that time. Always. Yet, I can't understand what is missing from this year's birthday. I am happy, surrounded by friends and family, talking and having fun, sharing memories. However, I feel like something is missing. I feel like I shouldn't be here, but somewhere else doing something completely different. It's just feels like that.

So after many hours of celebrating my birthday I finally went home. I fell tired on the sofa, wanting to sleep, but I couldn't. My mind was still on that missing part, which I hadn't found yet. I hadn't found what I am missing so much. A sigh escaped my lips as my eyes went on the window in my living room. It was dark outside, but I could see the snow that was falling slowly on the forest. I liked quiet places, that's why I choose to have a house in the forest. Away from everyone and everything. It was just me and my thoughts.

I stood up from the sofa and walked outside my house. I stood in the middle of my yard enjoying the silence around me. I didn't feel like staying inside. It felt better to stand here, outside in the cold. It was better for my mind, calming it down a little and getting it away from all those endless thoughts. It was so much better outside in the cold weather around me.

It felt right. It felt wrong. It felt empty. I was empty. I was missing him more that I had imagined I would. He was here. Every year he used to be here. Yet, he had to go away this season. It was an urgent mission and he was the only one that could go. He was the only free shinobi.

I had talked about it with him before leaving. We had discussed it. I told him that I was going to be fine. I will manage without him near me. I will be happy. Yet, here I am standing, outside in the cold missing everything about him. I don't know why, but usually my feelings aren't so strong, usually the emptiness isn't so big. Maybe it's because it's my birthday that is making me feel emptier. Maybe it's because we are closing 3 months away from each other. Maybe it's because I haven't heard his voice for so long or received a letter. I don't know, but I miss my boyfriend so much.

-"You are so going to catch a cold if you stay outside more."

A voice said catching me off guard. My hand immediately pulled a kunai that was hidden in my jacket, as my body turned around in a fighting position ready to face whoever was there. My eyes searched the place a little before falling on a familiar figure. He was standing a few meters away from me with his hands crossed over his chest as a small smile was on his lips. He was still wearing his shinobi clothes that was covered in dirty and snow. He was still standing there like every time he returned after a mission.

Without knowing the kunai fell from my hand and I started running at him. One moment I was ready to attack him and the next one I was between his arms hugging him tightly, as he did too. I stayed there quietly for a little before starting crying. They were happy tears full of relief, full of love.

-"I am so happy that you made it." I told him hugging him even tighter.

-"Sorry for taking so long, (Y/n)." his rough voice said with softness that showed only to me.

We stayed a little more like that before I finally decided to let go of him. I looked in his eyes, in those beautiful black eyes that I have come to admire for their power. He was looking in my eyes too as his thumb wiped slowly my tears. I missed him so much.

-"I am happy that I could make it. Especially this day." he said as he retreated one of his hands and put it in his pocket.
-"I wanted to do this for so long, but I needed the right time and finally the time has come."

I gave him a confused look not really understanding what he was talking about. However, he didn't let me ask him any questions. He just pulled a small black box out of his pocket making it face me.

-"(Y/n) (L/n) do you accept me, Madara Uchiha, as your husband?"

After that small question he opened the small box revealing a ring. It was golden and on top of it it had a white diamond. The most gorgeous thing I have ever seen along with the most beautiful question I have ever heard.

-"Yes. Oh my God! Yes Madara! I want to marry you!"

That was my answer before I fell happily between his arms and started kissing him. The kiss was sort and sweet, but it held so much more feelings behind it. Feelings that only we can understand.

-"Let's go inside. We have to pass our first night as an engaged couple together." Madara said smirking before taking me bridal style and started walking for the house.

I didn't bring any objections to this. I just relaxed in his arms with my head resting on his shoulder. I was so happy. I was completed. I was finally feeling full, like every other year in my birthday.

-"Happy birthday (Y/n) Uchiha."

.....

The end.