Naruto x reader x Kakashi / Regrets

Requested by galidotcom

Hope you like it. 😊

......

Kakashi's POV

Years pass fast. One moment you are a child, confused and excited with the things that are happening around you. And the next moment you are an adult, tired and happy with what you have achieved until now. Sometimes things aren't so nice and many don't have that fairy tale ending. Life isn't as easy as it looks, but it can always get better with some effort. It can always change if you try.

I have lived long enough to have my own opinion on the ups and downs that life can bring. Sometimes it's hard to get back up. Making you think that it doesn't deserve to try anymore. However, there will always be someone there, waiting to let them help you and pull you out of your misery. There's always a person that is willing to risk everything for you so you can be happy once again.

I have lived through that moment. The best years of my life. The only time that I didn't regret meeting and loving such a sweet soul as hers. She was my light. She helped me get back on my feet. She showed me ways to improve my life and become a better version of myself. She was my salvation and I was her destruction. I took her love for granted. I made her feel loved, but at the same time I was hurting her with my cold behavior and harsh words. I thought that whatever happened she would always be by my side supporting me, but I never did the same. I only cared about myself because she showed me that it's fine to be selfish sometimes. However, I ended up being always selfish. In every decision, in every desire, in every action I was selfish, I was hurting her. Until she reached the point where she couldn't take more and broke up with me.

She destroyed me, just like I had done with her.

It's been 3 years from then, but I hadn't recovered yet and I never will. She was supposed to be my everything, but I ended up ruining everything. I ended up falling again in the place I was before I met her, before she saved me.

My lazy feet entered a super market not bothering to greet the worker that was at the entrance. I walked though the corridors searching for the necessary things that I had came to buy as my eyes had a sleepless look in them. I was very tired due to the drinking and lack of sleep, but I didn't bother to do anything about it. I deserved to suffer for my mistakes.

I hit someone with my trolley making me curse in my mind. I wasn't in the mood to talk with someone, but seems like I didn't have any other options right now. I lifted my head ready to apologize to the person when suddenly my black eyes met her (e/c) ones. She almost looked the same. The same beautiful and sexy body figure that I have come to enjoy touching. The same shiny (h/c) hair accompanying her (e/c) eyes full of life and hope. She was the same, just like then.

-"(Y/n)." I mumbled as I continued staring at her not believing in my eyes.

-"Kakashi? Long time no see." (Y/n) told me as she looked at me a little surprised.

-"Indeed. How have you been?" I asked her as a small smile was formed under my mask.

-"I am actually very good. I managed to achieve my dream job through my hard work and finally buy the house of my dreams." she answered as her eyes lighten up with excitement.
-"What about you?"

My smile grew a little at her words admiring how much she had achieved. She always wanted to have a life that she wouldn't be worried about money and her expenses. So I was very proud for her. However, I wish I could say the same for myself.

-"The same. I still work at the university and live at the same house with my dogs." I answered in an awkward tone.
-"Now I have added one more puppy to the family."

-"Seems like 3 weren't enough so you took one more." she said with a soft giggle.

-"I don't want them to feel lonely." I answered trying to sound confident for my next words.
-"You can always come and see them."

-"Kakashi I-"

-"(Y/n)! There you are!"

A loud and excited voice said making me turn at that direction. There I saw a young boy, most likely at (Y/n)'s age coming our way with a trolley full of things. A bright smile on his lips matching the energy in his voice. He reminded me of (Y/n)'s character.

-"I am sorry Naruto for leaving you behind. I was talking to Kakashi-sensei." (Y/n) told him as her smile grew watching him coming closer.

-"Long time no see sensei!" Naruto answered making me finally understand who he was.

-"Indeed Naruto. You two grew up a lot." I told them as I tried to hide my sadness behind a happy voice.

-"Yes! And we live together too!" Naruto told me as he passed his hand around (Y/n)'s shoulders.

My hands held tighter the trolley as I tried very hard not to attack him. She wasn't mine anymore, so I didn't have the right to do anything about his actions towards her. They could do anything their heart desired. I had lost my chance with her long ago.

-"Come on Naruto let's go. I am sure that Kakashi-sensei has more important things to do." (Y/n) said as she looked at her lover.
-"See you sensei!"

After that she started walking away with Naruto beside her. The happy look in my eyes automatically left and a sad one was visible now. I held back the tears, since I wasn't in the right place to leave myself free. I should get home fast.

-"Naruto you took so many boxes of instant ramen. We can't buy all that." I heard (Y/n) say.

-"But I love ramen." Naruto replied as he begged her to buy them all.

-"Forget it. You need to start eating healthier." (Y/n) answered as she went to place them back with Naruto following her and begging her not to do it.

I quickly left from there going to the corridor that the drinks with alcohol were. I definitely need a drink once I go home. I definitely need to get drunk after what happened today. I have to forget her again. I have to if I want my life to get better. However, I know very well that I won't be able to do it, because she was everything I ever asked for. She was my everything and I made her hate me. I caused all that pain to myself. I am to be blamed here. Me and only me.

Years pass fast, but I will never forget her.

........

The end.