Chapter 7

It had been a month since I had been living with the Noah's Ark Circus. The past month had gone by in laughs and happiness even after all the drama from Beast and bickering of the underclass circus members. But something was gnawing at me making me have a feeling that something bad was going to happen in the very near future. Joker that day had suggested that the first-stringers and I go out to the town for a fun visit. Everyone quickly agreed until Doll came up with an argument "Joker won't it be bad for us to go to the town!" Joker shook his head in dissatisfaction from the works that slipped out of Doll's mouth. "Why is it that you always have to mess everything up Doll..." Joker said in a dark tone and gave a glance at Doll that made my eyes widen in fear,I felt shivers run down my spine at how Joker was acting. Never before in my life had I seen Joker like this and It honestly scared me. "W-what's going on?" I ask quietly and Joker quickly turns his attention to me. "It's absolutely nothing you need to worry about ma 'petite" Joker says and my face turns into that of disgust and pity,his little charm wasn't going to work on me. I shake my head and a low laugh starts to come out of my mouth. "Wow Joker...I knew you had your little secrets but this a low level even for you" I say and my mouth turns into that of a frown. "..." Joker was dead silent and so where the other members as they stared at me in utter shock. I felt a hand gently wrap around my neck and I look up to see Joker. "I'm just trying to save you y/n that's all I'm doing" he says and I roll my eyes at his remark. I spit at him in the face and the hand start to tighten around my neck "Just a bit too far y/n" I hear Joker say and my eyes widen yet again. "I thought I might tell you but now you have pushed it." He says and the hand tightens around my neck. I choke from the pressure around my neck and I feel my face start to turn a shade of red as all the blood quickly starts to rise to my face. "Well at least I got my memories back...and I was able to remember you Joker" I say in a sincere voice and gently close my eyelids waiting for the pressure around my neck to worsen making it to the point of my breath being lost and quickly leading to the time of my death. The hand moves away from my neck and my eyelids quickly flutter open as I start to gasp for breath. I collapse to my knees as I try to regain my breath. After a minute I had my breath restored and I felt a warm hand under my chin. The hand lifts my face up making my e/c orbs meet those of a deep violet "No more funny business and I guarantee thee's safety and the truth" Joker says and I nod my head in agreement "Deal" I say and I feel darkness start to eat at the corner of my eyes making me slip into the darkness and into a deep sleep.