Chapter 8

I woke up to feel myself on something soft, I blink my eyes to try and see what was around me and I see myself lying in bed wearing a silk white nightgown. A blush quickly spreads onto my face.
"I don't remember putting this on" I said before sitting up and stretching in the bed. A noise comes from the outside of the tent and the entrance is quickly opened.
"How is th'ee this fine morning?"
Joker asks me, making his way towards the bed before sitting down right next to me, our shoulders touching.
"I'm fine Joker..." I say quietly, remembering what caused me to fall asleep.
"How long was I asleep?"
"A Day, nothing more" Joker says reassuringly as he brushes his hand through my (h/l) (h/c) hair.
"You did however miss quite a bit that happened, we got two new recruits in the circus, their names are Black and Smile." Joker said as he continued to brush through my hair.
"Well it seems that I should get ready for the day" I say and start to move out of the bed and towards the back of the tent where a shutter stands for me to change behind.
"Okay Ma'Petite, I will be getting breakfast with the other first stringers" Joker says and starts to make his way out of the tent.
"Wait!" I say and Joker stops right as he was about to leave the tent.
"Who put me in this nightgown?" I ask and look at Joker from around the shutter
"Don't worry Ma'Petite, I had Doll dress you into that nightgown, I am a man but I would never do such a thing (y/n)." He says with a small smile on his face.
"Thank you Joker" I say and go back behind the shutter to get dressed for the day. I hear the flap of the tent signalling Joker's exit. I strip myself of the night dress and proceed to dress in a knee-length (f/c) dress with a matching bow in my hair to keep some of my hair out of my face. (Ignore if you have short hair or don't like bows.)
I put on (color) kneesocks to go along with the outfit as well as hightop (color) heels to pull of the outfit. Once done I step out from behind the shutter and make my way out of the tent towards the breakfast area. Once there I get my portion of a meal and head towards the first stringers. Joker, Dagger, Beast, Snake, Jumbo, Wendy, and Peter all are seated and Joker notices me and pats the spot next to me.
I smile and make my way to him and sit next to him.
"Have you heard about the new recruits, (y/n)?" Doll asked with a smile on her freckled face.
"I have heard about them but have yet to meet them."
"Well the younger one Smile is in a tent with me, he's in the bed right below mine" Doll says.
"There's something about them that makes them suspicious, they haven't said much about themselves either" Dagger comments and all of the other performers besides Joker and Doll agree.
"Maybe they are just shy, give them some time to warm up." Joker says and Doll nods her head to Joker's comment.
"Well either way I think I should meet them." I say as we all continue to eat breakfast.
"You will soon I Promise Ma'Petite" Joker's says a smile on his face before resting his prosthetic hand on the top of my head. I smile up at him and nod my head before continuing to eat my breakfast. Beast gives me a slight glare but I ignore it, not caring for her hateful gaze.
Once I was done I rid myself of my garbage and walked over the table ready for all of the first stringers to get ready and go to the performance tent.
"Let's go Ma'Petie" Joker says and links his right arm through my left, he walks ne to the tent and I prepare myself to meet the newest recruits to the Noah's Arc Circus.