Chapter 10

I wake up late at night to feel a weight around my waist, I turn around to be face to face with a sleeping Joker and a small smile makes its way onto my face, I softly place my hand onto his cheek and slowly stroke it, making sure not to disturb Joker who appears to be  having a peaceful sleep. I continue to move my hand slowly and softly across his face to avoid waking him up, knowing that he needs his rest for as long as he possibly can get it. I move my hand over his forehead and move the few pieces of hair that are covering his face from my view and touch. I stop to stare at his eyelashes and secretly wonder how they are so long and beautiful, 'If it weren't for his stature and nature he could possibly pass as a female' I think to myself and end up laughing quietly at my strange thought.
"What is so funny Ma'Petite princesse?" Joker says with his eyes still closed before they quickly open to meet with my (e/c) eyes.
A small squeak passes through my lips and I sit up as much as I can with Joker's hand around my waist, still shocked with the sudden movement from Joker.
"Nothing at all Joker, I was just thinking to myself is all" I say with a blush on my cheeks due to being caught in such an embarrassing moment.
"Whatever th'ee says (y/n)" Joker says with a smug smile on his face as he moves his fake arm in a circle over my waist, sending shivers down my spine from the sensation.
I try to get up but Joker's arm prevents me from doing anything, "Am I allowed to move Joker? I assume we have a lot to do today." I say and continue to try and move out of the man's grasp that keeps me gripped to the soft and comfortable bed along with the warmth that his body and the sheets provide.
"Why not stay here while 'e can, it's too comfortable to leave no matter what the time is currently." He says and keeps his arm around my waist, keeping me in place.
"But you have a lot to do, there is a performance today and while you did look peaceful sleeping, I bet you have a lot to do today to get ready for the perormance, especially with the new performers that you have to take care of. Did you sort out their living arrangements last night?" I say somewhat rambling on, thinking that this might influence Joker to get up and remove his arm from around my waist.
"The arrangements were settled, Smile was placed with Freckles who you know as Doll and Suit was placed with Black." Joker says seeming not at all concerned with the sleeping arrangements that were made.
"Aren't you concerned that Suit and Black will end up tearing their tent down, they don't seem to get along at all, they must have known each other outside of the circus. "

"The arrangements were already made, they will simply have to live with it for the time being until they become first stringers which I believe that could happen sooner than later with their talent." Joker says, moving his arm with his fake hand from my waist to my arm, gently stroking up and down to soothe me.
"It seems that maybe I should actually bother to get up, I do have things that I need to do but I love cuddling with you so early in the morning Ma'Petite princesse." He says and leans over so that he is hovering over my head, he plants a gentle kiss right on the center of my forehead before he slowly removes himself from the bed to prepare for the day.
A blush once again spreads on my cheeks before I too start to get ready for the day.
Once me and Joker are dressed we leave our tent arms linked together to have breakfast. Me and Joker end up having breakfast with one another having a happy conversation and occassionally passing jokes to make one another laugh. Me and Joker eventually part ways and the days passes by quickly until it finally comes time for the performance. I sinply help everyone to prepare for the performance until I turn around to see Joker, Peter, Wendy, Black and Smile all gathered a distance away from me so that they don't notice me listening in on the conversation.
I hear Joker say to Black, "Miss Wendy twist'd 'er ankle so she can't appear in the performance anymore, so Black, please go out in 'er place. The show'll be fine if ye do it, Black, so I beg of ye. It'll be yer turn shortly, so please get ready soon." Joker fineshes and I hear a quiet conversation start with Black and Smile but I am not able to make out much except for short words and phrases such as, 'I have time', '19:50' and 'investigate' which was enough for me to know that the guard dog and his butler were up to something that involved the circus in a way that I didn't yet understand.
I decide that I will follow Ciel to see what he is up to before coming back to view the performance, once Smile, otherwise known as Ciel finally sepreates from Sebastian I start to follow quietly and he leads me to Beast's tent.
I peel part of the tent open to see Ciel looking at a picture of Beast as a child with a man that I don't entirely recognize but I feel a sense of déjà vu wash through me as I see the picture and a quiet gasp leaves my mouth.
I let go of the opening of the tent and quickly make my way back to the main circus tent for the performance, making sure that Ciel does not see me.
I go back to see the very end of Black and Suit's performance and even in the middle of their performance it is obviois that there is a conclict going on between the two men. I walk up to Doll, Dagger and Beast and I hear a loud snap. I look and see the back of Beast's top tear apart. "Ack, my string tie." Beast says annoyed and somewhat suprised with the sudden tear and Dagger automatically becomes flustered, waving his arms Around and saying, "Woah! Ya'll ain't no lookin!" Someone says, "Miss, there's still time 'til the encore, so please go change!" Beast tells everybody not to make it a big deal and eventually agrees and says, "I guess I've gotta." She is given a simple white sheet to throw around herself to keep herself covered.
Right as she starts To leave, I call out asking, "Beast do you require any help?" She gives me a calm look that holds no malice or jealousy before simply saying, "I don't require any assistance just to change into a new top." She leaves the tent and I remeber Ciel who was looking through Beast's tent only moments before, I have a thoughtful look and think to Myself, 'Hopefully he will be okay' before turning back to continue viewing Black and Suit's performance. The two men continue to argue during their performance and Suit uses his weapon against Black, sending it flying his way when Black manages to catch the tool and use it to his advantage, amazing the crowd while the whole crowd give out gasps of amazement and suprise at the display before them. Dagger grows concerned because he sees the signboard behind them and yells out, "LOOK OUT!" in urgency hoping the two men will hear and be able to heed his advice.
Sebastian releases the tool sending Suit into the air on his own and both men fly through the air, managing to land on their seperate platforms perfectly without harm. The crowd start cheering for the two and a small smile grows on my face as I start clapping for the two's performance. I go back behind stage and more time passes before the encore happens.
Black quickly leaves, probably to assist his Master, Ciel. Joker comes back and starts by saying, "G'Job everyone!"  With a giant smile on hus face after the successful night. He asks, "Huh? Where's Black?" Dagger quickly replies with, "He ran away in a flash when D' encore ended. Ya think he was holdin' in his wee?"
I laugh quietly at Dagger's comment with a knowing smile on my face.  Joker laughs and all of us performers start to leave, Joker grabs my hand and says, "Aren'tcha starvin'? To d' mess hall we go, ay?"
I hold hands with Joker as the group of us head to the mess hall, Doll stays behind along with Dagger and Snake and for some reason I hear Doll start to quietly talk To something as me and Joker along with other performers head to the mess hall.
Me and Joker quickly eat before we are both getting ready to head seperate ways. "Are you going to the tent Ma'Petite princesse?" He says with a questioning look in his eyes.
I nod my head with a small and content smile on my face and he plants a kiss on my hand before saying, "I will be leaving you then, come find me if you require me." He says before leaving me alone to walk to our tent. I start walking to the tent and I start thinking Wondering what will happen next.
I will simply have to wait for more events to play out later in the night, knowing that something major would be happening within the next few days that would be following.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 21, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Black Butler Circus Love Reader x Jokerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें