Huffing to myself, I grab my purse, keys, phone, coffee, and folders filled with paperwork.

The car ride to work only consists of about ten minutes of Ryan Secrest and some arrogant idiots not knowing how to use a turn signal.

I pull into the lot and turn off my engine. Grabbing my belongings out of the car, I smooth my skirt down and walks towards the front entrance. Jeff, the door man, opens the door with a warm smile, which I return.

Checking my watch, I see that it's 9:30 and I have plenty of time to set up the presentation. I press the elevator button and the door open widely revealing no one inside. I walk in and press the light up button that says, '7'.
The elevator stops at 7 and I exit. Turning around the corner I almost bump into Josh.

"Woah! Didn't see ya there Carter!" He laughs. I giggle in return.

"Sorry Josh, busy day today! Let's catch up over lunch?" I smile.

"Of course. I'll text you." He waves a goodbye and I begin walking again.

Quickly, I look down at my skirt to make sure it is still smoothed out. I look back up and my entire body slams into another person. My coffee has fallen all over the floor, thank god it didn't mess up either of our clothes.

"I'm so sorry.. I'm in a rush and I-" I look up to see a man.

A very beautiful man.

He has bright green eyes and ringlets of deep brown hair.

His face however is stone cold with a glare.

"You should be sorry. Do you realize how much this suit would have cost you? Probably your entire house." He sneers at me.

Héll no.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. God you dámn women and your attitudes. " He fixes his coat and glares some more at me.

"Attitude? If anyone has an attitude it would be you. Maybe even an âss-itude." I roll my eyes.

Who the hèll does he think he is?

"Excuse me?"

"Oh you heard me. Men and their attitudes." I say the last part as he had said to me earlier. British accent and all.

He bite down on his lip harshly and spoke out again, "Do you even know who I am?"

"An egotistical ásshole?" I guess sarcastically.

His face shots out with anger.

"Listen here, love, if you want to even think of continuing to live in this city, I suggest you shut your pretty little mouth and walk away." He spits at me.

"You think my mouth is pretty?" I smirk.

"I-Is that all you got out of my threat?" He fumbles with anger.

"That was a lame attempt of a threat." I shrug. I begin walking towards my office and he yelled out, "Hey!"

Turning around I see him standing there with a beat red face full of anger, "Good luck showing your face in public after today."

Laughing, I walked into my office.

•~•~•~•~•

11:45 rolled around quickly and Layla and I had been setting up the boards and presentation for over an hour. During that time, I had expressed my hate for the man who who a complete arse to me earlier.

"Girls! Here they come good luck." Mr. Davis says.

In came a group of executive, young, good-looking men. They gave a polite smile and sat down in their assigned chair.

I begin to start the meeting, "Hello, welcome. My name is A-"

"Well, fùcking fix it!" A loud voice booms from the hallway. The same jerk of a man that pushed me over, opens the conference room doors and shoves his phone into his pocket.

"Sorry I'm late I had to deal with a few people who don't know how to do their jobs." He grumbles and looks up.

Finally he spots me and smirks.

"That's alright, Mr. Styles." Layla swoons.

No.

Shît no.

"Miss. Carter, continue please." Mr. Davis says. I nod and lick my lips. Mr. Styles had already taken his seat.

"As I was saying. Hello amd welcome. My name is Anastasia Carter and I am the lead CEO assistant here and Davis'" I smile falsely and turn to see Mr. Styles smirking.

He knew he had me.

Might as well start packing my stuff.

The meeting continued, slowly. Everyone seemed to like the presentation but I couldn't tell due to my nervousness.

Mr. Styles stands up and Mr. Davis follows in suit.

"It will be a pleasure working with your enterprise Mr. Davis." He smiles and shakes his hand.

No.

Why couldn't he of denied it and then I would never see him again.

Steadily each executive left and I smile and shake each of their hands.

Lastly, Mr. Styles come to me and shakes my hand smirking.

Leaning in he whispers in my ear, "I can't wait to work with you, Miss Carter."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

omg that was chapter uno!!!!
hope ya'll like it!
vote and comment my loves:)
-Ash<3