10. I Don't Have a Girlfriend

Type woke up early the next morning, he and Tharn had slept in different beds last night and Tharn knew he was going to wake up early.

    He had packed his bags the night before and had to leave really early to be at his parents at a certain time.

    He did order a small breakfast for Tharn that was delivered a few minutes before he left.

    Type was dreading going to his parents. They wanted him to meet someone. A girl. He wasn't sure how he felt about it, but he felt guilty not telling Tharn what was going to happen.

    He also didn't fully know how he felt about Tharn, but he knew there was something. Still, he wanted to go for his parents.

    Type gave Tharn one last longing look before leaving the dorm.

    It took a few hours before he reached his parents and he knew, by the time he got there, that Tharn was already awake, but hadn't messaged him yet.

    Not even to say thank you for the breakfast.

    Type sighed and made his way into the house, not worrying to much about Tharn.

    "My baby boy." His mom said happily as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, pulling him down to her level. "How are you?"

    "I'm good, mom." He said smiling as he hugged her back.

    "Come in. Come in." She said pulling him into the livingroom. "Your father will be here soon. Have you eaten breakfast?"

    He thought about how he took a small bite of Tharn's before leaving. He shook his head and smiled.

    "No."

    His mom made him put his things in the guest room and then go to the kitchen to eat.

    "So, Mia and her family will be here soon as well, they are with your father." His mom told him.

    "Mia?"

    "The lovely girl your father and I want you to meet."

    Type looked at her before nodding slowly and looking down.

    "What is it?" His mother questioned.

    "Mom, don't you think I'm a bit old for you to be trying to set me up with someone?" He questioned.

    His mom rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm your mother. You're never to old."

    "What about the person I'm seeing?" He asked.

    "You said it isn't serious, so it shouldn't matter." She said shrugging.

    "What if I'm trying to make it serious?"

    "Just meet Mia and then decide from there. Maybe you'll like Mia more." She said before exiting the kitchen.

    Type sighed and pulled out his phone. No texts or calls from Tharn still. He dialed his number quickly, but it kept ringing until he reached his voice mail.

    Type sighed and shook his head. He quickly finished his breakfast and went upstairs to wash up.

    About twenty minutes later, his father arrived and he was called downstairs.

    He was met at the bottom of the stairs by three people. A young girl and her parents. He assumed she was Mia and that those were her parents.

    "Mia, dear." Type's mom said pulling her closer to him. "This is Type, my son I was telling you about."

    She greeted Type with a bow and smiled wide. "Nice to meet you. Your mother was right. You are handsome."

    Type chuckled and smiled back at her. "Thank you." His mom nudged him slightly. "And very pretty yourself."

    His mom smiled wide and ushered them into the living room.

    "Why don't we let them get to know themselves better." His mother said before pulling the other three away from Mia and Type.

    Type sat back on the couch as Mia sat down across from him.

    What would be the harm in at least getting to know her?

    They talked for almost two hours before his mom interuppted them again, calling them into the kitchen for an early lunch.

    "Do you like her?" His mom asked, in a whisper so only he could hear.

    Type looked down at his blank phone. Still no notification from Tharn.

    He sighed and looked back to his mom. "She's nice."

    His mom smiled and wide and ruffled his hair a little.

    After lunch, Type excused himself from the table and went outside to call Tharn again. 

    It can three times before Tharn picked up.

    Type let out a sighed but didn't say anything.

    "Type?" Tharn called at him. "Are you there?"

    "I am, sorry."

    "Is everything okay?"

    Type smiled to himself and nodded. "Yeah. I was just worried. You didn't try to get a hold of me at all this morning so yeah." He explained.

    Tharn chuckled softly. "Sorry. I was helping a friend."

    "It's okay."

    They both stayed silent for a fee moments before Type spoke up again.

    "Can I call you tonight?" He asked in a small voice.

    Tharn smiled but Type couldn't see it. "Yeah. I'll be waiting for you."

    Type smiled and said his goodbyes before hanging up.

    He felt his lips curl into a wide smile as he looked at Tharn's contact.

    "Girlfriend?"

    He jumped at the sound of Mia's voice behind him. He turned quickly.

    "What? No. I don't have a girlfriend." He told her.

    She smiled wide. "That's good to hear."

__________

Thoughts on thus chapter?

Any theories of how this will go?