Chapter 2: the beginning of the nightmare.

"Do you want another one?" Paul my colleague tried to convince me.
"No I've had enough thanks bud I best get home." I insisted
"Come on, the nights still young where's your stamina?" Still trying to convince me.
"I will see you at work tomorrow." I left smiling.

Not knowing what I was going home to. I was looking forward to a relaxed evening with my Savannah. The kids would've been bathed and in bed ready for school tomorrow.

I decided to walk home it wasn't far and I had drunk a little too much to be driving. I stand at the door of the pub do my zip up on my grey jacket and light a cigarette before strolling home.

As I got to the front door I had a gut feeling. Something wasn't right. Something was off but I didn't know what. The curtains were drawn and I could hear the tv. As I put my key in the door I felt my heart skip a beat.

I push the door open and enter wearily.
"Savannah?" No answer. I walk along the hallway to the living room. She was laying there on the floor adrenaline rushed through my body. I felt my heartbeat rise and every breath I took deepened. I rush over to her lifeless body and kneel. I touched her velvety soft hand it was barely warm. Blood was everywhere and the house ransacked. It was obvious she was gone. I don't understand.

The kids. My babies. I run upstairs and stand at their door. It was open although I was reluctant to go inside. What will I find? Are they going to be alive? Traumatised? Did they see what happened to their mum? Has anything happened to them? There was only one way to find out. I push the door open and step inside. Stars on the ceiling from their nightlight and soft music playing in the background it always helps them sleep.

I go over to Lucas bed he looks asleep, so peaceful. I peel back his covers slowly. It felt like I had been stabbed again. He was laying in a pool of his own blood. His lips had a blue tint to them and his body pale. He was only 3 who would do something so sickening? I go over to Everlieghs crib. I see her chest rise I grab her and run out of the house sobbing. My baby girl was ok. She was still so tiny being 3 months old I hold her closer to my chest.

Sirens blare in the background getting closer and closer until I soon saw the blue lights. Police and ambulance had arrived. The paramedics take everliegh from me to check her over whilst the police cordon off the house people wearing white overalls then take over.