Chapter 19

The sun was setting when they had finish dinner, enjoying each other's company. They were lying down on their bed, lazily listening to the distant roars of the dragons. That is, until, a sound made Bloom tense up.

"Sky, did you hear that?" Bloom asked, lifting her head from Sky's shoulder. Sky listen for the sound until he heard the noise. Voices muttering to each other, sounds of weapons being activated. Sky reach down, pull out his plasma sword. He activated it, getting up slowly. Bloom sat up, aware something was wrong.

"Sky?" she asked. Sky put his finger up against his lips, telling her to be quiet. He tiptoe to the bedroom balcony doors, slightly pulling the window curtains aside. He couldn't see anything at first, them he saw smoke rising in the pre-night sky. He quickly pull it close and moving back to his wife.

"Sky?" Bloom asked again, her hands rubbing her very pregnant stomach absently.

"We are going to have company, a lot of company. I say maybe more than a hundred bounty hunters are here," Sky answered. Bloom let out a small gasp, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Bounty hunters? What are they doing here?"

"Who else would be here? It can't be your parents or my mother or our friends. They would have gone into a cave for the night. They wouldn't risk being caught by those dragons out there. Those bounty hunters don't know these dragons can kill someone instantly if they are in their territories. They are here for you Bloom. The realms are getting anxious each day, scare of Electra and her path of destruction." He grab both her hands, reassuring her nothing will happen to her.

To prove his point, a dragon roar in the distant follow by screams.

"The dragons respect you as their own, Bloom. They wouldn't let those bad guys get to us."

Bloom laugh, as more dragons roar follow by more screams. Sky laugh along with her, enjoying her happiness. She stop and brought his right hand to her face. His fingers curl instinctually around her cheek, cradling her face with the gentle caress. He lean forward, only pausing when they were a breath away from each other, then kiss her. Their kiss was fill with longing, sorrow, pain, anger, love, and happiness.

They broke apart catching their breath. They both smile at each other. Sky crawl into bed next to his wife, pulling her down gently with him. Quickly, they resume their kiss.

It was only after awhile, Bloom was drifting off to sleep, Sky was stroking her hair.

"I love you," he said suddenly. Drowsily, Bloom turn her head up and kiss his cheek.

"And I you," Bloom said, her eyes drooping down. She nestle her head into the crook of his neck before following asleep. Sky stay up for a bit longer, thinking over what has happen to them so far since Electra attacked Erakylon. He look up at the sound of the balcony doors opening. He silently lay his wife'a head on his pillow, a soft groan escape her lips. He got up silently, weapon in hand, ready to attack the intruders.

"Finally, it is good to see you," King Oritel said, stepping through the doorway follow by Queen Mariam.

"Oritel! It is good to see a fresh face," Sky said, deactivating his plasma sword. Bloom stir and blink sleepily at him and her parents.

"Sky who are you talking to?" she asked, pulling herself up from the bed. Sky rush over to her side, helping her up.

"Your parents are here to see us," he said. Bloom's eyes widen, as she stare at her parents.

"Mother? Father?" she asked. She was answer by being engulf in their embraces. They pull apart, looking at each other.

"My baby girl, you're going to be a mother," Queen Mariam's voice shook in pride for her daughter.

"Also, twins, Bloom you will make an amazing mother. You have three experienced mothers who will help you anyway," King Oritel said, shedding a tear.

"Are you crying, dear?" his wife asked him.

"No, I wasn't. It calls pride," he said. Bloom and Sky laugh.

"Oh daddy!" Bloom giggled.

"Ha ha, young lady," her father said, sarcastically. Bloom let out a yawn. Her head began to tilt to the side, Sky wrap his arms around her, allowing her head to rest on his chest.

"Why don't we discuss this, in the morning," Sky suggested. His in-laws nodded before kissing their daughter goodnight and closing the balcony door shut. Sky quickly lock it, and carry Bloom in bridal style to bed. With that, they fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they woke up, they smell something rotten. Bloom pinch her nose, looking at Sky questionably. He shrug back. He got up and pull aside the curtains revealing body limbs everywhere. Flies flew from one bloody limb to another. He heard footsteps behind him, he quickly close the curtain but too late.

Bloom's face pale at the scene before her, she ended up covering her mouth from puking. Quickly she rush to the kitchen and puke there in the garbage. Sky was right behind, rubbing her back, and holding her hair from her face. Once, she stop, she was breathing heavily, trying to get her breath.

"Sky...who did...this?" Her voice sounded hoarse and weak. Sky left her side, returning with a glass of water.

"Here," he said, holding the cup to her. She decline with the wave of her hand.

He sighed before answering. "It has to be Electra. The dragons wouldn't do this. Most of those limbs were dragons' body parts," he answered. Bloom blanch at the name of Electra.

"So, what's the plan?" she asked, composing herself together, willing herself to be strong for the sake of her babies.

"I don't know. I won't risk us being slaughter if we leave."

"But won't we risk staying here as well?"

"Fuck!!!" Sky slammed his fist into a wall right next to him.

"Sky!" Bloom cried out in alarm. She was stress as it is, and felt her babies kicking more urgently. She place a shaky hand on her stomach and close her eyes, trying to stay calm.

"Bloom, are you alright?" Sky's voice shook her out of her trance. She started to nod but shook her head. His face soften, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Everything will be alright, I promise you that," he said, taking both of her hands and leading her to bed. "Rest, love, you need your strength."

Bloom nodded, letting him tuck her in. She soon drifted off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, Sky woke Bloom up. He had on a green v-neck tee with jeans and boots. He help Bloom into a sky blue color tunic and black leggings with gold embroidery boarding the edges. He gave her black boots and she quickly put them on.

Sky left her sitting on the bed and return a minute later with a blaster and his plasma sword.

"Whatever happens to us, you don't look back and you keep running," he said. Bloom quickly nodded and squeeze his hand in understanding. He pull her to her feet, left their treehouse. The troops were waiting for them in the trees. Bloom parents greeted them, and they quickly trek to next hideout Mia has prepare for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, looky here, mistress. There they are," Icy pointed at them.

"Attack," Electra said simply.

"With pleasure!"

"Remember Icy, this time it is personal. Kill everyone."

Icy laugh wickedly