Chapter 8

Sky open his eyes slowly, the sun light blinding his eyes. He shielded his eyes with his hand, aware of the pain and stiffness in his body. He rubbed his forehead, trying to remember what the hell happen. As if answering himself, the events spilled onto him. His eyes flew open, aware that something wasn't right.

"Bloom?" he whispered as he turn his head over to the side. Bloom was not there. Sky forced himself out of bed and notice a wooden cane with an Eraklyon symbol engrave into it,. He pick it up, and steadly, to walk, his right leg was injure, forcing him to limp as he walk and to force modt of his weight onto the cane.

"Bloom?" He called out her name, no answer. Their bedroom was silent making Sky thinking of the worst. He walk as fast as his right leg could make him, to the door; only to stare at his best friend.

"Sky!" Brandon said, relieved his friend had finally awake. Sky was not smiling at his friend.

"Where the hell is my wife?" Sky snapped. Brandon was taken a back by this sudden behavior.

"You don't remember?" Brandon asked slowly, aware of Sky's glare.

"Do you honestly think I remember! I only remember her screaming my name! What the hell happen?!" Sky demanded, one hand grabbing his friend collar while the other is trying to steady the cane.

"Somehow, you were able to calm her down for the girls to heal her. The girls believe someone try to assassinate her, but fail thanks to Zelda. After the girls heal Bloom, you told them, to hide Bloom from any more attacks especially Electra and the Trix," Brandon explained. "After that, you and Bloom were in a coma for awhile. Luckily, Bloom woke up, a couple of hours ago." By that point, Sky lower, his friend down, his hands shaking, the cane becoming unsteady beneath his hand.

"How long were we in the coma?" Sky looked at Brandon, waiting for him to response.

"Ummm..."

"God damn it, Brandon! Answer the fucking question! How long were We in a coma?" Sky yelled. Brandon look down at the floor.

"Almost 3 months, Sky."

Sky backed away from his friend until his back was against the wall. The cane clatter.

"I need to see her. I need to see Bloom," Sky said, picking up his cane and limp away to the stables.

"Roxy is in the stable, Sky. . . . Sky! You gotta eat!" Brandon called. Sky wave his hand, dismissing his friend's advise.

It took awhile for him to get to the stables. Earlier, he was hounded by his parents the former King Erendor and the former Queen Samara to have breakfast. Once, he got to the stables, Roxy was still there with Kiko, who had fallen asleep with Bloom's fairy pet sheep, Luna. Roxy look up and smile as she saw him walking toward her.

"Sky! You're awake!" Roxy said excitedly. Sky gave her a nod in thanks.

"Roxy, where is Bloom?" he asked. Roxy look around them, a couple of servants and guards were milling about the courtyard.

"It is best we talk somewhere else."

"Or you can take me to her."

Sky waited for her to reply. She is a freshman at Alfea, a school for fairies in Magix. This whole fairy stuff is still new for her but she has grown use to it.

"Grab your horse, I'll take you to her," Roxy finally said after weighing her options carefully. "The girls made it perfectly clear at least one of them will take you to Bloom. There have been reports of Electra hiring assassins to spy on her enemies."

"Thank you, Roxy!" Sky smiled, "how will I ever repay you?"

"I'm going to decline you offer. Now come on, we don't have much time to spare."