67. War

-Arch-

-Arch-

I stopped in the middle of the yard once I was outside of the Hall. The sound of the horns grew louder again as I stared at the sky. Every move I made sent jolts of pain through my body, and the worst was my shoulder, but I didn't have time to be sick.

I looked back at the Hall, but I had no time for regret. I could only hope that Jack would survive and Aurora could forgive me for putting him in danger, but this was what Jack himself wanted. I had felt it. His wish.

"You better survive," I muttered, continuing my way down the main street.

The poison in me was still eating up my strength, and I had no way of turning into a wolf, but there had to be something I could still do. Even with one arm.

"Where the fuck are you, Jaden?" I asked, hoping to hear his answer, but I couldn't even feel his presence. It scared the shit out of me. Where were they? There was no way the two of them would've left on their own. Jaden would never abandon me or Tilly like that. They would never leave us without a word, so they had to be kidnapped.

Right?

I spotted Rayleigh at the end of the main street, surrounded by a huge crowd. I hurried the rest of the way and stopped to listen while he yelled his orders. People left in a hurry to do whatever he said, and soon there was room for me to step closer.

"You should be resting, boy," Rayleigh growled at me.

"And how the hell am I supposed to do that?" I asked.

He stared at me for a brief second, before he turned his attention back to his Betas. "The catacombs must be protected at any cost. I can't go anywhere near it, so it is up to you two to take care of it."

"We are not leaving your side," Ryder said angrily.

"I must be at the front of this battle – you know that! The catacombs must be protected, but If I'm there, we're making it too easy for them to take my blood and open the door!"

Both Ezra and Ryder glared at him for a moment. "Fine," Ezra finally said. "But you're not allowed to get killed, understand?"

"Neither are you two," Rayleigh spoke. "I have Thisalee by my side – we'll be fine."

At that moment, we heard a big explosion, and we all turned to look at the road that led to the town.

"Go," Rayleigh spoke to his Betas. "Let's hope that Moon Goddess is watching us today."

After the Betas left in a hurry, Rayleigh turned to look at me. "Can you turn?"

"I'm too weak," I said, hating that fact. "But there has to be something I can do."

He let out a deep sigh, rubbing his unshaven chin while turning to look around. "I'd rather not make a sick child fight," he said.

"I'm not a child anymore," I said. "Not that sick either."