5 • put your hands in the air

): i swear i keep apologising for late updates but here we go 🥺

••••••••

The countdown began from two days.
To one day.
To today.
To seven hours.
And now it was ten minutes.

Donghyuck was practically screeching as he gathered all of his items of belongings: his album, obviously; a body mist; mints, and lastly, a gold necklace.

What was special about it, however, was that Donghyuck had made the charm on it- it was a plain gold chain necklace with a real gold sun charm hanging in the middle. The reason he did this was because the boy thought of himself as a sun; all he did was radiate happy energy and smiles so the nickname came naturally.

"Fuck. I'm going to meet him in reality. No no no no this is not happening," The boy relegated over and over again as he stumbled to slip his shoes on, backpack thrown carelessly over his back. Sadly, it had to be this day that Jeno and Renjun were 'out', leaving Donghyuck to go to the fansign alone.

Honestly, he wasn't too fussed. How can you be when the most stunning man you'd seen was a drive away? He knew for sure that this was a crazy opportunity and he wouldn't let this go to waste.

"Shit I'm not ready," he chanted repeatedly on his way to his car. Donghyuck then pulled the door open, sliding into his seat as he turned the engine on. The fansign event wasn't too far from his apartment, so the drive wasn't long at all, luckily.

•-•

A scent unfamiliar to Donghyuck embraced him as he entered the building.

Talent-

His palms were clammy, and his breath hitched in his throat as he still attempted to convince himself that this was all just a dream and nothing else. Spoiler, it didn't work.

His mouth was completely dry as the voices of fan girls and boys echoed through the corridor where he was walking. Each step felt like ages, but in reality, it was only a matter of seconds; In all honesty, Donghyuck was incredibly excited. Elated, in fact. Although it didn't stop the nerves that kept clenching inside of him, the thought of seeing someone he'd looked up to for a while now had been a mere fantasy, yet here the boy was, standing infront of the wide open double doors.

"Proof if purchase please."

He was snapped out of his daze as two buff security guards were at the barrier, one had his hand open to retrieve the ticket and the other holding the barrier shut. Past the barrier were all of the fans, making Donghyuck feel elated yet the tension was still there, as he couldn't see the members from the angle he was stood at.

The boy dug his hand into his back pocket, fishing out a printed receipt of the ticket he'd bought not too long ago. With a quick scan, the security opened the barrier, letting him through.

"Enjoy," one smiled, giving him thumbs up for support. Donghyuck surely wasn't complaining- and his heart was the same. The pounding hadn't stopped since two days ago and it didn't seem like it'd stop any time soon.

That was when his own beautiful eyes landed on a specific somebody further up on the stage.

He had just stood frozen there, mouth agape and arms limp at his sides. Not to mention his stomach, which was practically doing gymnastics internally and his heart- his heart had literally, literally left the chat.

Mark Lee was sat there, in all his glory with a cute flower crown on his head, head thrown back in laughter with his adam's apple bobbing from time to time. The boy looked effortlessly ethereal, from his flawless skin to the small crinkles around his eyes when he smiled, showing off the gorgeous black orbs inside.