Chapter 20

Marlon and I weren't on the best terms after he revealed to me his financial status. I couldn't understand why he'd ever hide it from us. We'd been scraping along for months and he not once tried to give an extra helping hand.

It made me question what else I didn't know about him. His sister coming to our home is the only thing from his past that we've been introduced to. Jocelyn is a doll, but as soon as she came in the door she was suspicious of our living arrangements.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled as she held out her gloved hand. "It's a wonderful little place you have here, isn't it?"

"It was a steal." I nodded with crossed arms. "That's why we all just had to rent it."

"It's so great it brought together total strangers. Fascinating." She smiled as she walked in. Her blonde hair was wrapped up and tucked under her fascinator hat. Her matching suit had shoulder pads that enhanced her silhouette. She seemed to be open minded about the situation... except... "It's just too bad that Ellen isn't living with you."

"Joce, how would that work? We aren't even married yet." Marlon shrugged. He didn't seem to dress up at all for his sister. All he wore was a white tank, suspenders, his usual brown slacks and running shoes.  "No need to live in sin."

"That didn't stop you from staying over far too long at her house before." Jocelyn pointed out as she turned to her brother. "And besides, you're already living with a woman."

Marlon looked to me, then looked back at his sister. Without a flinch he casually shrugged. "We aren't romantic toward one another, why does it matter?"

At that moment, I now realized why he almost got nominated for that Oscar. The room got silent for a moment, so Paul spoke up to thaw it out.

"Jocelyn, would you like any beverages?" Paul offered.

"No thank you." She smiled. "Besides, I'm sure with Marlon here most of your beverages are alcohol."

"Thanks, sis." Marlon furrowed his eyebrows. "You've been here for five minutes and already we're having a ball."

"Speaking of that, where will I be sleeping?" Jocelyn asked in a high voice.

Marlon froze for a moment, then he rose his eyebrows. "Heh?"

"Where will I retire? I need a place to sleep." Jocelyn laughed.

"I thought you said in your letter that you'd stay at an inn." Marlon crossed his arms. "Don't you have a room somewhere?"

"And then I sent a follow up one saying that I don't have the money so I hope to be saying with you." Jocelyn furrowed her eyebrows. Marlon seemed as if he didn't want her to stay, she definitely picked up on that. With a sad sigh she sat on the couch. "Okay then, Marlon. If you don't want me to stay then fine. But at least arrange for me to get a hotel room."

"Alright then." Marlon nodded as he headed toward the phone book.

"Wow, I can't believe you don't even want your sister to stick around." Jocelyn sighed. "I thought we had a better relationship than that."

"Joce, I really didn't expect you to stay long. If I'm being honest I won't be around a lot. I've got filming to do." Marlon admitted to his sister.

"I'm fine with whatever time I get with you... I just thought we'd be staying together, that's all." She looked down at her lap. "I just thought for the next day or two we'd be together."

"Marlon, just have her stay here and you sleep on the couch." I suggested. "It'll only be for a little while."

Marlon's nostrils flared as he placed a hand on his hip. His mind weighed out the pros and the cons of this arrangement. Walking over to me, he pulled me over to the small hallway that leads to the bedrooms. While standing there he looked me down deeply, the type of stare to cause hotness between your thighs. Then he looked over to Paul who stood in the kitchenette and called him over.