Prologue

🌸🌸🌸

I know what you're thinking. This is weird. Well, I agree—it is weird. Strange how this ended up here. Everything seemed so normal.

But then, the universe fell on the ground. And we were falling like the stars.

This dates back to the day it all started. People say I'm ordinary, but I know I'm not. Yes, I do laugh and eat, call my friends late at night, write silly blogs or watch movies that paint the funny moments of life. Yet, when it comes to live, I know I'm standing out from the world.

I live between the thorns of medications, restrictions, insecurity and death. This is basically how my life is. You see, I've cystic fibrosis—and when you have an irony like that, you just know living is not an option anymore: it's only survival. Like I say, one way or another, I'll end up dying.

I don't remark giving a courteous preamble of myself.

Hi, I'm Blake. The girl with the pictures of "ordinary" people in her room. The girl whose one step forward means twenty steps back for the world. And the girl, who created her own universe—where the ditched stars live.

I presumed that this world revolved around the average people, regardless of justice. There's no way you could ever escape the staring eyes wherever you go, or the sympathy on the faces of strangers when they meet you. I learned, crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how things made your heart broken.

Yet, it all changed when I met him. The person who showed me the striking aspects of my creation: the bright side of the black holes in my past, the secret of the tiny meteors that showered me momentarily, and the reason why we were stars. The real, dazzling stars. The person I once hated the most.

Jake Sprouse.

🌹

Don't forget to vote and leave a feedback.