"Ikaw naman Glaiza, front and center. holding the cake. Nasa likod mo kami, don't worry." Bianca said smiling.

We gathered to the door all of them are in the back while I was standing front and center holding the cake I have bought for Rhian.

"Okay, in a minute papasok na daw sya. Glai, light the candles." Bianca said.

I lit the candle and then we heard footsteps outside of the door, there was a moment of silence from Rhian and Bianca's friends. The knob turned and once the door was opened in full view, lights came on and there Rhian stood at the door.

"Happy Birthday Rhian!" Sabay sabay naming bati kay Rhian as the horns and party poppers went off.

"Guys?! Bukas pa ang birthday ko." Rhian said surprised and dumbfounded, she was almost tearful.

"We wanted to do a salubong you wouldn't forget. New life, new traditions." Bianca said as she hugged Rhian as well as her other friends. 

Bianca ushers Rhian towards me, Rhian smiled as she looked at me as I still stood front and center. Nahawi ang mga kaibigan nila as they gave Rhian the way. 

"Happy birthday Rhian, my love. Kung mamarapatin mo, gusto ko sanang itanong sayo kung pwede ba kita maging girlfriend ko."  I said to her. 

She smiled secretively at me. She closes her eyes and pauses before she finally blew out the candle. Bianca immediately got the cake from my hand as Rhian pulled me in for a hug. 

"Does this mean yes?" I asked her as she hugged me tight. 

"Nope, not yet." She said, her voice laced with excitement. 

Because it was awkward, Bianca clapped her hands and announced to the group.

"Alright dinner will be served shortly. Rhian, maupo ka na sa tabi ni Glai." Bianca said. 

Rhian smiled at Bianca as she grabbed me by the hand as she walked towards the table. She sat and pulled me with her. The rest of her friends who I learned came from different parts of the world to celebrate Rhian's birthday. They have met each other when they were kids, through Rhian's Lola Felicity who were friends with their Grandmothers and Grandfathers who were also friends with Rhian's Lolo Alfred. The night went on, we had overflowing wine and other drinks. Dinner was delicious, Bianca cooked everything we had for dinner. We had Calamares and Shrimp Gambas for Appetizers, the main entree was a Garlic and Herb Roasted Lamb Chops served with a side of Roasted Potatoes, Fish Parcel with Garlic Butter Sauce and Shrimp Marinara. The dessert was a slice of the cake I bought for Rhian. 

After the dinner and endless laughs with Rhian's friends, we gathered again by the pool, Bianca was speaking, it was 2 minutes before 12 A.M. she gave a speech for Rhian.

"Whiwhi, as we usher in your birthday tonight, we want you to know that we love you so much. We'll always be here for you Rhi. As you can see, every one of your child hood friends came here tonight to celebrate you. We want you to forget about your past, tonight as the clock strikes 12, you are free and you are a new person." Bianca said. 

We made a toast to Rhian and her good health once the clock stroke 12 midnight. Everybody settled down in their seats as Rhian spoke in front of us. 

"Thank you guys for creating my first ever Birthday Salubong, I hope to have many more of these special moments with all of you. To you my love, my life. Glaiza, I would like to officially say Yes. Yes, my love I will be your girlfriend!" Rhian exclaimed as she pulls me up for a hug and a kiss on my lips. 

Everyone of Rhian's friends clapped their hands at the revelation Rhian had. It was romantic of her to wait until the clock turned 12 and it was her birthday finally. Natouch naman ako kay Rhian at sa gesture na ginawa nya para sa akin, kanina akala ko talaga wala na akong pag-asa. Rhian and I hugged in the middle of the noise her friends were creating. It was a surreal moment as if time was frozen in this particular thing that happened between Rhian and I.

"I love you so much, mahal." I whispered to Rhian.

"Mahal na mahal din kita, love." She whispered back as she held me in a tight hug. 

To say I was happy in this moment was an understatement, if God would end my life this instant, I will happily go with him that kind of happy. I was at peace with myself and Rhian was the reason behind it. A day to remember indeed, dahil ngayong araw ako sinagot ni Rhian. 

A/N:

This chapter is yet again dedicated to Vi_AndreA, eto na po ang request mong updates. Pinilit kong tapusin before this day ends! Salamat for inspiring me to write.

To the rest of the readers, salamat for the votes and for tuning in to my updates. Pasensiya na kung magulo ang schedule natin, pero basically, pag kinulit ako ni Vi_AndreA doon lang ako nag-uupdate ng next chapter. Hahahahahahahaha! Ayun na nga. So kung gusto nyo ako mag-update, basahin nyo yung story nya. Hahahahaha! Salamat and have a happy weekend! 

Spread light and love folks!

- Sky