Chapter 40- Friends.

Começar do início

Three hours later when we landed, I decided to go and meet my friend. It has been pretty long for sure. So I took out my phone and replied to her previous text message,
Me: 'See you at The Skyee at 6pm'

Trisha replied back instantly.

Her: 'Will be there!'

Her excitement seems to have skyrocketed due to her pregnancy hormones.

Me and Rogan spoke very little, he was a bit tensed about something and I was upset about leaving. As we walked down towards the awaited car with Benzo standing outside, I told Rogan that I'll head over to meet Trisha.

I thought of texting my Sister-in-law, Mahira, if she could join us. It has been quite long indeed since I last saw them. And to be honest I miss them.

Mahi: 'Meeting up at Skyee at 6pm. Trisha will be joining too. See you.'

Her reply came soon enough that she will be there. Rogan was busy on a call.

"Hey Benzo, stop by a food place please. I am damn hungry." I said, I would directly go to Skyee. Rogan might head over to work, I don't know there was a sudden gloominess in the weather. I just wanted to get away right now.

"Let's eat something." Rogan said after hanging up his phone. He looked at me then and asked, "are you comfortable, baby?"

I smiled at him and nodded. "Benzo will stop at a food place. I'm hungry."

He smiled a bit. "Good. After that I'll head over to office. Have a meeting to attend."

"We are here, Sir. Mam. Benzo parked the car outside a small diner sort of a place. It looked cute. "You get nice Indian and Chinese food here."

"Thanks Benzo." I jumped out of the car and walked towards the diner, without waiting for Rogan. I could hear him chuckle behind. Probably laughing at my enthusiasm for food.

We got seated at a corner inside. The ambience was quite, middle aged people were seated mostly. It had a more Indian household theme than Chinese. They even had an earthen matka filled with water.

The waiter gave us the menus and we scanned through it. "What would you like to have?" Rogan asked me.

"Um, A bowl of basmati rice and pork vindaloo. Add a plate of green salad please." I told the waiter in reply to Rogan.

"Get me mixed fried rice and schezwan chicken. That would be all, thank you." Rogan gave his order and handed over the menu to the guest.

The food was served within ten minutes and it was delicious. Totally mouth watering. After a very long time I enjoyed Indian cuisine and who knew I would find it in a tiny diner not filled with many people.

"Benzo will take you to the Skyee and my car is here, I'll Go to work." As we came out of the diner, Rogan pulled me close and kissed my forehead. "Take care." He said. I smiled, I could feel all the love oozing out of him. He makes me thank all the Gods for giving him to me again.

He opened the car door for me as I stepped in, and he went to his. We headed our ways thereafter.

-----------------

It was already 6:05 and Mahi was late. Trisha walked in with her king-size belly in a long loose dress. Even from afar I could see her glowing, looking radiant like always.

The Skyee lounge had people coming in today. This place has become quite popular.

"Oh my God, this place is so hot." Trisha whined, and rubbed her belly. "Mel!" She gave me a tight hug, and I hugged her just the same. The waiter helped her sit down.