Chapter 17- Inception.

Please do not be a silent reader. I really like to read the feedbacks I get in my comments. If any of you read my first book you'd know I read and reply to all comments and I take criticism positively. Coz' it only gives me a challenge to be better.

A short poem I wrote a few days back is in the multimedia section please tell me if you like it or not ?

For more such small poems follow me on Instagram where I post new quotes and poems every two day. My ID- @dipashasarkar

Thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rogan's POV.

The coldness was not a bother anymore in this apartment. The apartment had a strange, sweet fragrance. The atmosphere had warmth in it.

Simply, today felt different.

Maria served hot and creamy pancakes on the table. My guest hasn't shown her presence yet. Waking up at 7 probably wasn't her forte. Living in luxury does that to an individual, it makes you lazy and the queen of your time.

As I sat myself in the breakfast table, I asked Maria, "Where is Ms. Black?"

"You mean Mrs. Evans, sir?" She asked. A subtle sly smirk was about to play on her lips but that face became neutral by my hard and warning gaze on her.

"I'm not sure Sir. She wasn't in her room when I went to wake her up." She informed me. Where could she go at this time in the morning? And I thought she was still asleep. I sigh.

"Ring her up." 

Maria took the landline and dialled her number. Just then the front door opened and Melissa walked in.

She wore grey track pants and pink sports bra with cropped hoodie. Her hair was tied up in a High ponytail. Looks like she went for a run.

Alone.

"You're late for breakfast." I spoke up, looking away from her.

"There was nothing mentioned about breakfast time in the rules and regulations." Melissa answered. I took a deep breath to keep my annoyance at bay.

"Punctuality shouldn't be a rule, it should be an habit." I told her. Hope she gets what I mean.

"I apologize, sir. It's a mistake that won't be repeated." Melissa replied formally. As if, I'm the employer and she is my employee. Obviously, this is not more than a business deal.

"Good." Maria, the maid served her a pancake with maple syrup in her plate and a bowl of some pomegranates beside her. I poured her a glass of orange juice.  "Having a healthy is one of the rules, by the way. So no arguments."