Burial

Your POV

8 hours after I woke up and 2 hours after the Android... no... 7E saved my life, I've decided to bury her in my backyard. It's the least I can do for now. After trying to find the best way to bury her remains, I've chosen to bury her near the tree. I grabbed a shovel and started digging up a grave and after I did so, I place her body in a burial position and I placed a bouquet beside her. After I had set everything in its place, I started burying her little by little. But as I do, I could not get the Image of the recent events out of my head no matter how hard I've tried to resist them.

You: "I have to keep it together... I have to keep it together... have to stay alive."

Then the radio started transmitting another broadcast. But this time, it's now they're talking about the current situation at hand.

Radio Broadcaster: ...the road will likely be difficult until its completion. And up next, the Titan Report: Concerns are being raised surrounding their recent development within the Tri-state Area. *beeping sound to indicate the start of the program* While a strange phenomenon that originated in freehold has eradicated 2/3 of all the titans worldwide, our war with them has somehow reached the Eastern US; thus, becoming the country's newest issue to grapple with. In response to this invasion, the Department of Defense has announced they will attempt to contain the titan invasion with the cooperation of a Global Private military company: Saunders Global Security. However, The More Technologically Advanced Gilman Security along with The Mysterious Androids that came from the Mysterious White "Tower" in Shinjuku might also take part in this effort, despite The Two Security Firms having an antagonistic relationship. As such, it remains uncertain whether or not tomorrow's proposed operation will settle the dispute. *beeping sound to indicate the end of the program* Well then, how about today's weather? Here's your host, Ms. Berkin!

The Station switches over to the weather reporter named Berkin.

Berkin(Lady): Thank you! Today's another cold one with the temperature being -10° F. Due to the day's strong winds and snow, I'm sure many of you should be making sure your laundry isn't getting ruined by all the blood and snow getting whipped up into the air! With the coming blizzard, it's sure it will be difficult --

I don't know why, but it's just been a couple of minutes since I've met 7E and I'm already saddened by her loss. Now a part of me wanted to die with her and tell her I'm sorry but that's not what she wanted. She wanted us, humans, to live... She wants... me... to live. I wanted to give her a warmer place to rest, but I couldn't dig any deeper as the snowstorm is becoming more unbearable by the second. Thus, I got even sadder and started to cry.

You: "I wish I could give you a warmer place to rest but...*sobs* I can't make it any deeper than this... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, 7E..."

Suddenly, I sensed a moving vehicle nearby a Chimes rang from a passing AI-Controlled announcement truck which was near my house as I sensed.

Announcer: Today's threat level announcement: In the areas of Freehold, Long Island, Jersey City, and Manhattan, we are officially currently at Level 3: a preliminary caution alert. As much as possible, please leave your homes and --

You: *as the Announcement continues* "No kidding, I've run into a Titan without warning."

Announcer: ... I repeat, today's threat level announcement...

The Announcement Truck continues to roam around the streets of Freehold until I couldn't hear it anymore. I realized I should get going. I just finished burying 7E and Now, Her Soul, if she has one, is now resting peacefully in the afterlife which gave me a sense of peace and determination to atone for not saving her in time.