Issues (SanSang)

Pairing: San and Yeosang

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Warnings: Alcohol addiction, mentions of suicidal thoughts and mentions of past abuse

Scenario: San is an alcoholic, although he never used to be. At first it started with the occasional drink to relieve some stress from work, but San soon started to spiral. His boyfriend Yeosang watched as San became someone he couldn't even recognise anymore, so Yeosang leaves him...

(Don't fret; this will have a happy ending UwU)

:::

"I can't do this anymore!" Yeosang shouts after the umpteenth argument he and San just had.

This had been going in for far too long, and Yeosang could bear to be around San any longer. He loves the stupid man, so much so it hurts to see San in such a drunken, angry state. Yeosang always chalked it down to just the younger being stressed out from work, but it turned into something else. With San's destructive habits, he was fired from his work anyway which caused him to drink even more.

San became someone that Yeosang barely knew anymore, and it hurt like Hell broke loose. The mess surrounding them; the broken glass and shattered picture frames were the perfect representation of how Yeosang felt.

"I can't do this anymore San" Yeosang shook his head, tears rolling down his cheeks, "I'm leaving. I'll get my stuff at another time"

Yeosang didn't leave any room for another argument or empty apologies from San, leaving the other male to stand there in shock for a few moments before San heard the front door slam shut. Suddenly, everything came crashing down on the younger. Uncaring of the glass, he fell to his knees with his head bowed. He gripped his hair, closing his eyes tightly.

'Fuck, I've really fucked up this time haven't I? Sangie...I'm so sorry' San thought to himself as a small tear rolled down his cheek.

"Damnit" San whispered, "I'm such a fucking idiot"

As he slowly began to sober up, he let go of his hair as he looked up, glancing around at the mess he made. He was so drunk and angry that he threw anything that was within his reach. He couldn't blame Yeosang for wanting to leave him because of this; the poor boy got enough abuse as a child because of his alcoholic mother who could have very well killed young Yeosang with her outbursts.

"I'm sorry Yeosang" he whispered to the empty house as he proceeded to push himself up off the floor and began to clean up the mess.

He'd work through his issues, he's become a better person; if not for Yeosang, then for himself...

---

Four months later...

San had stopped drinking, however he ran into another problem; without Yeosang, without the love of his life, he felt like he worth next to nothing and felt as if he had nothing left to live for. The guilt from how he treated Yeosang was eating him alive. He stopped hanging out with friends, he barely got out of the house except to buy food and though he tried his best to apply himself to a job, he couldn't keep one for more than a few days.

Every day, he'd have several missed calls from his friends, mostly Wooyoung and Seonghwa, but one day, he woke up late in the morning only to find he had three missed calls from Yeosang. He stared at his phone, rubbing his eyes. He thought he was dreaming...until Yeosang sent a text.