Connected (SeongJoong)

Requested by MangaAnimeGirl

Pairing: Seonghwa x Hongjoong

Genre: Soulmate AU, Fluff, Romance

Warnings: None

Scenario: Hongjoong and Seonghwa are very close friends, however neither of them realise that it runs deeper than that. That is, until one of them comes to that startling realisation and refuses to tell the other out of the fear of being rejected...

:::

Out of all the members ATEEZ, there were really only two of the members that Hongjoong could honestly say he was closest to, and that was Mingi and Seonghwa. Mingi and Hongjoong worked together on songs and lyrics, and Seonghwa and Hongjoong were the closest in age and they hung out a lot as well as the fact that they've been roommates for the longest time.

Hongjoong's always admired Seonghwa's looks and charisma on stage, and Seonghwa has even outright said that he admires the younger's hard-working nature. Though, sometimes Seonghwa had to be the one to drag him away from that godforsaken laptop when Hongjoong spent too long working on a project, but that didn't happen all that often.

However, this close friendship between Seonghwa and Hongjoong was about to change, and once it had, Seonghwa was the first one to notice.

In this world, Soulmates existed that were connected by an invisible force, and there were signs that would come out of absolutely nowhere. All of a sudden, you would crave the feeling of the other beside you almost all the time, your heart would race just a little faster, you'd feel a fluttering in your stomach whenever they would do anything really and every touch and glance would have you wanting to cuddle and kiss the person uncaring of whatever was going in around you.

It was a slow process, but Seonghwa soon found that his previous brotherly type feelings were growing into something else, and it may have taken a couple of months but it hit the eldest hyung like a ton of bricks. It was during a practice session when it happened. Seonghwa and Hongjoong were messing around with the WooSan pair when Seonghwa's hand accidentally touched Hongjoong's.

Seonghwa quickly pulled his hand away as if it were on fire, trying to collect himself and make sure he wasn't showing any physical signs that he'd felt something that he never thought would happen to him. Though Seonghwa mostly seems to articulate his feelings well, he usually needed a lot of time to figure out in his head how to say the right words. With this current situation however, he didn't tell anyone; he completely pushed the subject aside and mostly avoided Hongjoong.

It took a good week for the members to figure out that there was something off about Seonghwa's attitude, the final straw being when the eldest hyung flat out refused to allow Hongjoong to initiate any sort of skinship with him; not even to form something as simple as a heart with their hands. They played it off as just joking around, but the other members and even Hongjoong could tell something was wrong.

A couple of nights later, whilst Seonghwa was helping Jongho cook dinner, Yeosang decided to approach the eldest hyung and ask him about the whole situation with him avoiding Hongjoong.

"Hey hyung, is everything okay with you and Hongjoong hyung?" Yeosang asks.

"Yeah, everything's good. Why do you ask?" Seonghwa sounds a little confused, but at the back of his mind, he already knows the reason why Yeosang would ask him that.

Was he that obvious?

"It seems like you're kinda avoiding him and he's really upset about it" Yeosang answers honestly.