【13】

𝔇𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔭𝔲𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡: December 8th, 2019
𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱: 4240

࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇
𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍
࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇

Jungkook rips his hand away from the doorknob and then spins around to look behind himself; the clowns were just a few feet in front of him now, staring at him with their heads cocked to the side. Even though he knows they are just employees in costumes, it was still a very nerve-wracking situation for the 17 year old. Being cornered with nowhere to go was one of his worst fears.

"Please...I get your job is to scare me, but I'm lost...I'm just trying to find my friends. " He pleads while taking a couple steps back, but the clowns didn't listen; they simply walk forwards, closing the gap between him and them.

As the clowns were closing in, Jungkook suddenly has the urge to beg for forgiveness, though he doesn't really know why. But, he keeps his mouth shut and he starts looking at possible openings that he could run through, but there weren't any. He would have been grabbed the moment he took a step towards them, anyways.

A sense of hopelessness sets inside of him and he really starts to panic now. He feels his mind going dizzy, and he starts to hear what he thought was his father's voice...but suddenly - just as he felt himself starting to slip into a daze - he hears what sounds like a latch opening up, prompting him snap out of it.

Jungkook looks to his right and he sees that a small, hidden door had popped open and immediately makes a mad dash for it - barely missing the oncoming hands of the evil clowns.

Jungkook gets onto his knees and starts crawling through the door, and through the small, but long, corridor beyond it. Mid-crawl, he looks over his shoulder, feeling as though he got away from them. But just as he was feeling confident, one of the smallest clowns got onto it's knees and starts crawling towards him.

~

Taehyung is making his way through the maze of mirrors when he hears the sound of a door open and shut, prompting him to stop in place. He stays silent as he listens - not wanting to give away his location in case it was an employee who was looking to chase him through the maze. Little does he know, though, it was actually Jungkook, who had come crawling out from a small metal door - closing it just in time before the maniacally-laughing clown was able to follow him out.

Just beyond the mirrors, Jungkook unknowingly stands just a few yards away from Taehyung, taking in deep breaths to compose himself. Taehyung can hear this breathing, but to him, it's further evidence that yes, it was in fact someone trying to scare him, so he begins taking it extra quietly through the path - his footsteps not yet audible to Jungkook.

~

Jungkook wipes his forehead that was drenched in sweat and he turns around, only to come face to face with the mirrors. "Great.." He mumbles quietly to himself. Not wanting to linger around in the dark room for long, Jungkook immediately begins his attempt through the maze.

. . .

Minutes pass and neither one of them seem to be getting anywhere, well, at least from what they could tell. It wasn't until they found themselves just a few feet away from each other that they start hearing each other's footsteps. Jungkook slows down to a halt, listening closely to hear where the footsteps were coming from - they sound like they're just on the opposite side of the mirror he was in front of, but he wouldn't dare call out. Like Taehyung, he didn't want to give away his position.