【9】

a/n: it was really late when I finished and edited this , so please excuse any mistakes. I tried. I just wanted to hurry and get this chapter out

𝙿𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟸/𝟽/𝟷𝟿
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟺𝟼𝟻𝟹

࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇
𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝟗
࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇

HALLOWEEN DAY | SCHOOL, 11:45AM

"I vant to suck your blood!"

. . .

"Jungkook...?"

. . .

"Jungkoook?" Mr. Choi leaned forward a bit and pulled a pair of fake vampire teeth out of his mouth. "Hellooo, is something wrong with you?" He says and began waving his hand in front of the teen's face.

"Hmm..?" Jungkook blinked and looked over towards Mr. Choi, who was sitting next to him at a desk - looking to be in a daze.

Mr. Choi wiped his mouth that was covered in saliva before speaking. "You've gone all quiet on me all of a sudden." He says, looking over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. My mind is just having a hard time shutting up right now." Jungkook twiddled around the tie that he was wrapping around the top of a plastic bag. "What were we talking about again..?" He asked.

"We can continue that conversation later," Mr. Choi pushed aside a pile of various types of candy and twist ties that were scattered across the desk, placed his hands atop of it with his fingers intertwined. "Right now, is there something else you'd like to talk about? Anything bothering you, perhaps?" He asked. "You've been losing your focus a lot more than usual today."

Jungkook shook his head. "Oh no, everything is fine, sir."

"Don't lie to me." He reached up and touched the rim of his glasses. "Don't let these glasses fool you, I can see right through you. Now, tell me what's up."

"No, no...I don't want to bother you with my stupid problems." He said and took a handful of candy into his palm, began dropping a few into a new, empty bag.

"Jungkook." Mr. Choi reached over and gently lowered Jungkook's hand down, until the bag was lying on the desk. "You should know by now that you could never bother me."

Jungkook looked up from the bag, over to Mr. Choi for a second time. He gave him a small, insincere smile. "You're really kind, sir...but, I really don't think it's appropriate to be complaining to my teacher."

"Then don't think of me as your teacher...think me of as a friend."

"...are you sure..?" Jungkook asked.

Mr. Choi nodded. "Of Course." He lowered his glasses that were held by a chain. "I may be the one who usually does all the talking, but...that doesn't mean that I don't know how to listen."

Jungkook took in a deep breath and lets it out slowly before speaking. "...well...it's just...there's been this horrible feeling of guilt that's been consuming me all day long, and it seems to be getting worse as the day goes by.."

Mr. Choi lowered his eyebrows, curious. "What is it that you're guilty of? Did you do something wrong?"

"Well actually...that's what I'm trying to figure out..." He picked up a lone twist tie and began twiddling it around in his fingers. "I felt like it was the right thing to do at first, but then I started to second-guess myself.." Jungkook shook his head. "....nevermind. Let's just continue...it's not important.."