Chapter 19: Family

Start from the beginning

Jackson was wrecking his brain working with their PR team to suss how much damage control strategies they would have to release to the press.

Up till a point in the second week, where dispatch releases photos of me going into the hospital a few days in a row.

Which then obviously triggered YG and multiple threats from him again.

- Flashback -

I looked over at Lisa, realising that I fell asleep on the side of her bed again, hoping that she would miraculously be awake and smiling like she would normally.

But her eyes were still shut, her body still and lifeless.

I held her hand and gave it a tight squeeze, when suddenly my phone started vibrating next to me.

Glancing at the caller ID I saw "Yang Sajangnim". I knew this would have to do with dispatch's photos.

Me: Yeoboseyo Sajangnim.

YG: Rosé, we need to have a conversation about the news. You know what I'm talking about don't you?

Me: I'm not too sure I understand. Which news are you referring to?

YG: Don't act coy with me.

I sighed as he raised his voice on the other line, slowly making my way out of the room to speak.

YG: I'll bet you're with her now. May I remind you what happened the last time you didn't follow our rules, Rosé?

Me: No sir. I'm fully aware.

YG: Good, then I expect you to be back in my office in an hour.

Me: Sorry, but I'm not going to do that.

There was an eerie silence before it was interrupted with an angry sigh.

YG: DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU? ARE YOU DEAF? I SAID IN MY OFFICE IN AN HOUR OR SAY GOODBYE TO LISA'S CAREER.

I sighed to myself again. With everything that's going on in the media, all the rumours or theories about Lisa and I or about Blackpink, the whole incident with Jungkook, I've just had enough. I know I can't please everyone, and I don't intend to, but I've had it with people threatening our relationship.

YG: HELLO?

Enough is enough.

Me: With all due respect Sajangnim, you do not have any authority to do that.

Breathe Chaeng, breathe.

Me: If you wish to have me come in to discuss business, I'd gladly do so, but if this is just a threat to her career, I'm sorry but I would have to politely decline your invite.

Breathe.

Me: And with regards to "saying bye to Lisa's career", I think you should be the scared one. She's much bigger than you think, her influence and her fans won't be fooled by any of your efforts to ruin her life.

I heard an evil chuckle on the other line.

YG: Fine, if that's how you want to play it. I have many other... viable options for you to reconsider your decision.

Then he hung up.

It felt like all oxygen got knocked out of my lungs as I let out a breath. What did he mean by that?

Oh God.

What if he meant Jennie and Jisoo-unnie?

I didn't even think of them when I was retaliating.