The New Queen

"Mother! Father's messenger is here!" Constance Seymour heard Little Margery say. Constance stood as her mother came into the room. 

"Constance. Elizabeth. Come." Constance and her younger sister followed their mother to the drawing room. 

"Ma'am." the messenger began, "Your husband ordered me to ride as fast as I could to bring you this message."

"Yes. What did John say?" Margery said, sucking in a breath. At this point Jane entered, she curtsied to the messenger who bowed in return. 

"On the 14th of November 1532, King Henry married Anne Boleyn in a secret ceremony. Two days ago, on the 28th of May 1533, their marraige was decided to be good aand valid." he said grimly. Constance looked between all her sisters, who were all doing the same thing. Eventully their eyes all turned to their mother, who had her hand on her heart and was taking deep breaths. Margery collected herself and turned to her daughters. 

"Bring Mr Turner some tea. You had a long ride." she said to a servant. The servant scuttled to do as she was asked. 

"Mistress? Master John also asked asked me to deliver this note from the King's new wife." Mr Turner muttered. The Seymour sisters' eyes flew around the group, all of them paniced about what Anne Boleyn could possibly want.

"Give it to me!" Margery gasped, she ripped open the letter and scanned the page. She smiled and read the letter out loud, "Dear Lady Seymour. You must be wondering why am I writing to you. I have heard that your daughters Constance and Elizabeth were  ladies for Catherine of Aragon before her fall from grace. I wrote to inform you that your daughters may keep their positions in Court. They may return to their old chamber as soon as possible. Sincerley, Queen Anne Boleyn." Elizabeth laughed and twired around the room. Constance frowned. Just then a nurse entered with a baby in her arms.

"Alice! Meine kinder!" Constance cooed. Alice was Constance's 2-year-old daughter. Constance had been married to a man named Thomas York. Thomas had abandoned them for another woman. "Wait! Mother, if the King divorced his wife, maybe I can divorce Thomas? Then I am free to remarry without fear of damnation!" Constance cried. Margery gasped and her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Oh Constance you are clever!" Magery clucked, clapping her hands. "Alright! Elizabeth? Constance? Go look over what you wish to take to Court. You will elave as soon as possible."

"Charity? Will you prepare meine Maus for the trip?" Constance asked the nurse who was hovering, reaching out her arms for Alice. Alice wrapped her arms around Constance's neck,

"No!" she pouted. Constance smiled at her daughter and unwound her arms from her neck. 

"Maus. You must go with Charity. I have to arrange some things. I will come and read to you after I have finished." Alice frowned and allowedd herself to be passed to Charity. "Thank you Charity." Constance said as Charity and Alice left. Alice waved on the way out and Constance waved back, smiling.