Cry Or Be Happy?

Chapter 25

Zach's POV!

2 days earlier in New York.

I opened the door, and saw my mom getting ready for work. I put my school bag on the ground and walked straight past her not even acknowledging her existence.

"Zach... You haven't talked to me in two whole weeks and you've been giving me the cold shoulder since we came here. When are you gonna realize, that I did this for your own sake." She almost whispered, looking at me with pleading eyes. She had her suitcase in her hand and her jacket on, ready to leave.
I responded with a snort and opened the fridge to see if there was anything to eat.

"Well... At least you're eating again.." She sighed and walked toward the door. She froze as she rested her hand on the doorknob. "-if you want, we can discuss you visiting your friends when I come back." She sighed and walked out without turning to look at me. A wide grin found it's way on my face as I happy danced, it worked!
I ran through the living room and into my moms room, found my phone and dialed Dylan's number.

I know what you're thinking. Was that an error? Shouldn't it be Aaron's number he called? No. It had to be an surprise. I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a visit... And a gift...

"Hello?... Who's this?" Dylan's voice came through from the other side of the phone.

"Dylan, hey buddy. I need you to do me a favor..." I smiled widely.

***

The day before the party/ 1 day later.

My mom had been too busy the day she came back from work, and she was also way too busy yesterday when she came back, but she promised me that we would talk today.
There's about two hours left for her to come home. I was in her room, dialing Aaron's number.

I had to lie and tell him that things were going bad with mom, which (now I think about it) wasn't a complete lie. It was going bad, I mean we weren't a perfect family, but I think she might let me go back to visit my boyfriend... And other friends, today. So I'm defiantly excited. I just hope everything goes as planned.

He didn't sound too happy on the phone, I hope nothing happened to him after I kissed him. I think about it everyday. Maybe he wasn't ready to come out? Maybe he thinks I was selfish, but then again he wanted this. But maybe he only wanted my mom to know, and not his entire family? I keep asking myself if it was the right decision I made, and it seems to always occur to me that it wasn't...

I just hope he doesn't hate me for it. He might be missing me, but what happens when I get back to him someday. Will he end up realizing what I did was wrong and break up with me?

I couldn't think like that right now, i had to speak with Aaron normally. Not too happy and not too sad, well actually it would be better to sound sad since I had "bad news"
He kept talking around when I asked him if something was up, he wasn't telling me something... Maybe he was depressed? I told him to keep going for a little longer, I hope he doesn't do anything irrational. I can't have him dying on me like that, I would die too... From the inside and out.

After I hung up, I placed the phone where it earlier was, and ran downstairs waiting for my mom. She came home half an hour later and we talked. Well... She talked, at first I didn't want to speak at all, but eventually I had to, if it could make her let me go.

"I called aunt Gen and told her to keep an eye out for you, she will be there in the morning and at night, but since she'll be at work she will only be there in the morning one hour, and at night until she needs to go home to her family and she can't make it when you arrive." She firmly said. I could tell she was angry, she didn't want this to happen. I just nodded, not wanting her to change her mind. "You'll be there one night, and two days, cause you have school here and you can't miss that much of it. After you return, you will be more disciplined and you will be getting good grades, you will do your homework, and you will talk to me properly. Nod if you understand" she firmly spoke, I nodded rapidly and got up.

"Thanks" I mumbled and walked up to my room. It was getting dark and I heard my mom close her door to her room, probably to sleep.

I couldn't sleep, since I was hearing low sounds, I walked downstairs quietly and softly pressed my ear against the door to her room.

She was crying.

"I don't know what to do Gen... He's not gay! He's my son. It's just a phase. Right? I mean I love him, I never stopped and never will I ever stop loving him. He's my everything. I just can't have him being gay. Why is he doing this? Is it to hurt me? I-" she said while sobbing. "Yes, I know Gen, just... Please promise me to take care of my son. And don't let that bastard near him. I mean it"

I sighed and walked back upstairs. I didn't know what to do... Should I be sad or angry because of my mom? Or happy that I finally get to see Aaron?