Meeting The Twin

hapter ten.

Zach's POV

I texted Aaron to tell him good morning, and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I had messy morning hair and was only wearing boxers. I sat down in front of my mom and began eating the pancakes she made. I liked my mom a lot, we have a good relationship with each other, she has always been there for me, which made me wonder, why I haven't told her about Aaron and I. At that moment, sitting there and talking casually with her, I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell how happy in a relationship I am, with my male best friend. Though something made me not do it. I think it was guilt. What if she gets sad about never getting blood related grandchildren, I am her only kid. After all she's done for me, and all I do is never be around her, and be gay. I felt like I had to do something to make it up to her, even though I haven't really done anything wrong.

"Zach honey, I have to tell you something, baby. I'm gonna go on a really long business trip with work to New York, and I need you to come with me" she smiled, taking my hand from across the table.

"Sure, how long?" I asked taking a bite of my pancake. Maybe I could take her out to dinner, but then she would pay. She would never let her son pay a meal.

"6 months..." She looked at me apologetically. I choked on my food and had to release her hand to hold it around my neck.

"What?" I asked still coughing.

"I'm sorry honey, but I can't let you stay home for half a year, and I found a school near where we are going to stay, I hope you don't mind" she said pitifully.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" I asked full of hope. She slowly shook her head looked down.

"I'm sorry, honey I really am-"

"No mom, it's okay I understand completely. I have to go, promised Aaron I would help with Benji's birthday party" I smiled getting up. I set the plate in the sink and kissed her cheek before going to my room. I went to shower and got dressed in some denim shorts and a white t shirt. I combed my hair in a quiff and walked downstairs. My mom was on her MacBook in the living room. I took on my white converse and opened the door.

"I'm leaving now, mom"

"When should I come and drop off your present for Benji?" She asked looking at me.

"Around five" I smiled.

"Alright, bye honey"

"Bye mom, love you" and by that I left and walked towards Aaron's house, my hands in my pockets.

As I reached his house, I saw all of them in the front yard except Aaron, his dad was setting up the grill stuff and Benji and his mom were setting up outdoor decorations, it still looked empty though. They had probably just begun. I waved at all of them and walked in to see Aaron in the kitchen drinking some water. I looked back to see them still working. Aaron furrowed his brows as I walked in. I shook it off and decided I'd just tell him the bad news right away.

"Aaron I'm moving away" I said with sadness. I grabbed his hands, my back was turned against the glass doors, leading out to the front yard, so they couldn't see us holding hands.

"What?!" I heard a voice behind me. I jerked around to see another Aaron standing on the last step of the stairs.

I looked back at Aaron in front of me, who is probably Adrian, I quickly let go of his hands and looked back at the other Aaron.

"You're moving away?" He asked looking like he was about to cry. He walked back up stairs and I followed after briefly glancing at Adrian. He looked confused as hell. I don't blame him, though.

I walked into Aaron's room and closed the door behind us. He was pacing back and forth while running his hands through his hair.

"I can't have you leaving Zach, I'll lock you up here I'll do anything, please don't leave me!" He freaked out. He was holding my arms and begging for me to stay.

"Hey, don't worry, it's only for six months" I cooed, rubbing his arms.

"Zach?! That's half a year, I can't live without you for six hours!" He yelled again, his eyes tearing up.

"Look, my mom had to leave for a business trip, and I have to come along. She doesn't want me to stay alone home for six months"

"You can stay here!-" He smiled widely, like a crazy person. "- please stay, Zach. I'm gonna go insane if you leave" he added, but a little calmer now.

"I... I'd have to ask my mom first, okay? Right now we just have to enjoy Benji's party, he deserves to have us at our best moods, okay?" I asked. He nodded sniffling, and embraced me tightly. I hugged him back, and ran my hand through his hair.

"I love you, Aaron" I mumbled in his hair.

"I love you, too" he said breaking down in sobs.

***

After half an hour of hugging and trying to look decent, we walked downstairs fresher than ever. His parents were still setting stuff up. His mom was in the kitchen, getting the meat ready. And Adrian was setting up snacks here and there. He smiled as we walked downstairs.

"Zach, come meet my brother" Aaron said leading me toward Adrian who had moved to the front yard, a couple of feet away from his dad and Benji, who was helping him with the grill. He had to put parts together, since it's new.

"Hi, I'm Adrian" he smiled taking out a hand for me to shake. I took it gratefully and smiled back.

"I'm Zach"

"And you're Aaron's boyfri-"

"Bestfriend! Yep, have been for 4 years" I smiled placing a hand over Aaron's shoulders playfully and ruffled his hair.

"Oh, you must be close" he smiled. We both nodded silently and I released my grip around Aaron.

"Aaron, Zach! There's more tables and chairs in the basement go and place them with the rest" my dad yelled from where he was standing.

"Nice to meet you" I said and followed Aaron downstairs. As we were alone in his basement we walked toward some white chairs and white tables that were folded. I grabbed five chairs and him a table, I looked at him with a smirky smile and a raised brow.

"What? They're heavy!" He complained and walked in front of me. We walked through the living room and out the glass doors and placed the outdoor furniture, down on the green grass. We walked down there maybe three times until we had the right amount of tables and chairs. We worked on setting the tables up and placing the chairs around them, it was a bit hard, and the weather wasn't helping, since it was getting really hot. I had to take my shirt off before i started sweating cause it was the only thing I brought, and i wanted to look good when Benji's party would begin.