I Guess This Is Goodbye...

hapter nineteen.

Aaron's POV

We had just arrived at Zach's place, and his mom -before giving me an evil glare- set us to go to Zach's room and pack some of his stuff that he wanted with him on the trip. We didn't really want to do that right away, so we kinda just laid on the bed and began... Making out.

At first, when we had just arrived in his room, he just jumped backwards against his bed and I jumped on top of him, placing both my hands on each of his shoulder. I leaned in closer while he just smiled, more like smirked. I leaned in closer until our lips met and began moving them against his, opening my mouth a little. A small moan escaped his lips as I went down and traced kisses down to his neck.

"Aaron" he moaned lowly. I placed my hands under his shirt and began to slowly pull it over his head when he grabbed my hands and stopped me from doing so.

"Stop. My mom is downstairs" he said with an apologetical expression. I grunted loudly and got up. I looked around his room for some stuff that he might wanna pack, we-he had already packed his clothes the other day, but small stuff like toothbrushes and personal belongings weren't packed yet. I walked up to his desk and saw a picture of him and me. His hand was firmly around my shoulder and both our smiles were ridiculously wide. It was taking a long time ago, it was probably a month or two after we became best friends. We looked around the age of 10 but we were both thirteen then. I remember the day clearly, it was my thirteenth birthday and I was finally as old as him. I had been waiting for that day for so long, I do every year. Not because of the presents, the party, nor 'hanging out with friends and family,' it was because I was finally just as old as my friend. It's always the same reason every year.

I traced my hands over the black painted wooden frame and looked at the picture with a small smile on my lips. I hadn't known I was smiling until Zach broke the silence.

"I'm taking that with me" he smiled while bringing his elbows up to the surface of the bed to lean on it. "I'm gonna miss you so much" he added. I walked over to him and sat next to him, with the picture in my hand. I put my free hand on his cheek and caressed it with my thumb.

"Me too. I don't know what to do without you, Zach. It's sad now I think about it, I can't picture myself in the future with someone else. Only you."

"It's not sad, it's sweet, just like you"

"I'm not sweet! I can't be badass and sweet at the same time" I argued, removing my hand from his cheek and placing it on my own chest to show that I was offended.

"Who said you were badass?" He asked a little too surprised.

"... N-nobody, but I am!"

"No you're not, you're too cute to be badass"

Our conversation went on like that, us disagreeing on how badass I was and after what seemed like hours -but in reality, only was about ten minutes - his mom came up knocking on the door, making me quickly remove myself from where Zach was and sit on the wheel chair.

It's not that I don't want her to know, cause trust me I do, but I do it for Zach. He's not ready, and I can tell, therefore I don't want to rush him into anything. I saw him flashing a pity-smile and looked back at his mom.

"I hope you're done sweetie, your aunt and uncle are here to say goodbye-" she said and then looked at me to continue, this time with a bit changed expression. "And you. Your family is here as well, to say goodbye, they're all waiting in the living room." She quickly said and flashed a teeth-showing smile to her son and ignored me completely, whereafter she left.