The Unexpected Phone Call

Chapter 23

Aaron's POV

"What happened?" Adrian asked as he sat down next to me.

"I... I just received a phone call... From Zach" I said, and watched as his eyes widened. I smiled wider, if possible. I was just so happy. Finally, I was able to breathe correctly, without worrying too much.

"W-well w-what did he say?!" Adrian practically yelled.

"He... I... And then.. But- I.."

"Wait, wait one thing at a time, please"

"He called, to say-"

-

I didn't get much sleep, and after a while I heard my phone ring next to me, and a picture of Zach showed up on the caller ID...
I picked it up rapidly, and answered immediately, not risking any chances of being too slow.

"Hello?" I asked nervously, "hello?! Zach is that you? Please Zach-" I was cut off.

"Yes, baby it's me."

"Oh my god, Zach I miss you so much! Plea-please don't hang up! I was so worried, I love you. I love you"

"I love you too, calm down, baby it's okay, everything's okay. Please don't worry too much. I miss you too, I can't describe how much I miss you, love."
I took deeper breaths and felt like I was hyperventilating, though I tried my best to control myself, I didn't have time to hyperventilate, I finally had the chance to speak with my boyfriend and i wasn't going to blow it.

"Has your mom hurt you? Where are you? Are you okay? Are you coming back, why didn't you answer my calls? Are you locked up? When-"

"Baby, calm down. I don't have much time, my mom hid my phone, and I look for it every time she goes to work. I finally found it, so we'll defiantly be talking more. I can't talk much cause she'll be home in approximately 20 min. But sometimes she gets off early. I just need you to relax, and I'll call you tomorrow at 8.30AM, that's when she's off for work, okay?"

"Yeah okay, but when are we going to see each other again?"

"I don't know, baby I'm trying to be as nice to her as possible cause so far she won't let me come visit you. I've told her I have other friends that I need to see, so I'll see how she takes it. Just don't worry, that's all I'm asking for, ok?

''Yeah okay, but Zach, how are you?''

''I'm trying... I keep counting the days until I'll see you.''

''3 months, 17 days and 9 hours'' we both said at the same time.

''But hopefully, sooner. If my mom lets me come visit'' he added.

''Maybe I could come visit you, without your mom finding out'' I suggested.

''Then where would you be staying for a couple of days?''

''A hotel?''

''how would you afford that?''

''I got a job''

''Really? Aaron, that's great! But I don't want you to use your money to come see me, when I easily could come see you with my mother's money, besides I want you to use your money for yourself, start saving or buy new clothes. I'll figure it out. Don't worry, we'll see each other again''

''I love you so much, Zachery''

''don't call me that'' he chuckled, making me chuckle as well. ''Where do you work?''

''I got a job at Quint''

''Are you kidding me?''

''No, why?''

''I can already imagine all those guys eye-raping you, trying to get in your pants.''

''Come on, Zach don't be the jealous type, no wait actually be that type, it's hot'' I chuckled.

''I'm not jealous, I'm just saying, be careful, they might use every little ploy they can remember, against you, so be careful.''

''Don't worry, the only guy I want in my pants, is in new York, living with his evil mother.''

''By the way, I'm sorry that she slapped you, I got really angry with her as we got back'' Zach explained.

''Don't, it wasn't your fault, don't get into a bad situation with your mother, because of me.''

''I did and said what I had to say, what she did wasn't okay...''

''I know, but the important part is, that we're speaking to each other right now, and I don't have to worry anymore.''

''You went crazy, didn't you?'' he whispered.

''No, I just didn't talk the first two weeks, but I'm a lot better now that I'm talking to you'' I mumbled, lying a little bit. Okay maybe I understated a little bit, but I didn't want him to worry, like did.

''I'm glad, but when I come back to see you, you better start talking, cause I want to know everything''

''Of course, baby. I will tell you everything, when you come back.''

''All right. Wait... Shit-''

-

Then he hung up. I guessed his mom probably arrived or something, so he had to hurry up. Adrian was happy, he kept asking questions, most of which I couldn't answer, but he was very interested in the subject. After a while of bombarding me with questions, I began asking him about how it went with Bailey, he seemed a little nervous when I brought it up.

''uhm, it was okay, we went to get some pizza after the movie''

''and you didn't bring any for me... what a brother'' I joked, already feeling a little better from talking with Zach and knowing he's fine.

''I suggested it, but he said you should've come if you wanted some.''

''Did he find out that I was you?''

''Yeah, he knew all along, he just made me believe I was fooling him when it was the other way around... idiot.''

''Is he mad?''

''Nah, I don't think so.'' He smiled. ''he seemed happy when we arrived here, before he left'' Adrian added.

''oh really?'' I asked smiling amusingly.

''what...'' he asked making me shrug. ''what is that kind of smile? Like you know something you shouldn't know''

I just laughed at how stupid he sounded. I could see something was up with Bailey and him, though I didn't want to say anything to anger him. Even though I haven't known him as much as I should I could still easily read him. And what I saw was sweet, and I couldn't help but feel a little overprotective, since Bailey looked like he was interested in me the first time I saw him, and I don't want Adrian to get hurt. But after seeing Adrian speak about Bailey in such a loving way, I'm sure his intentions are good... or so I hope.