Sports Festival part II: Saving Todoroki

Start from the beginning

Fuyumi: Hey just wanted to say good luck and do your best today.  Me and Natsu will be watching by the way.

Shoto: Thanks.

After putting my phone away I go over to Bakugo.

Shoto: Bakugo.

Kacchan: what do you want IcyHot.

Shoto: In terms of technique I believe I am above you.  So I will beat you today to show my strength.  Consider this a declaration of war.

Bakugo: PLEASE YOUR JUST A SHITTY EXTRA THE ONE WHO GETS THE GOLD SHALL BE ME!

As I walk away I think to myself.

Shoto: 'Just watch dad I'll show you i can be strong without your quirk'.

*Izuku POV*

I was in the spectators seats waiting for the events to start.  While waiting I was paging through the data the school gave me on all the first years quirks.  I decided to start with gen ed and end at 1-A so that I can get familiar with the others.  I was getting to 1-A when I got to Shoto Todoroki's.

Izuku: Half-Hot Half-Cold?  Can control fire with his left side and ice with his right.  Huh he can give Kacchan a run for his money.

(The first event goes like canon except Katsuki got first.  Shift everyone up a rank.  Add a random student to last.)

Izuku: Why didn't he use his fire? *mumble mumble* I should talk with him before the third event before my show.

(The cavalry battle goes as canon)

PM: Ladies and Gentlemen turn your attention to the screen and you'll see the the match ups for the single round elimination tournament.

(The match ups are as canon just swap out Izuku for Itsuka)

PM: Now we got a special treat today, we will be on an hour break for lunch.  At 30 mins we will be having a mini concert from "Way to the Dawn".

As Present Mic finished his announcement the arena shook with the cheering an applause.

*Elsewhere Natsu POV*

I had to cover my ears as Fuyumi let out a high pitched sqeal at the announcement of the band.

Fuyumi: Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!  I can't believe they got my favorite up and coming band to play!  Oh maybe Shoto can get me the autograph of the lead singer.  I'll text him just before the show starts.

I couldn't help but sigh.  Fuyumi may not be all that good with social situations, but when she goes out she frequents a small cafe near downtown.  I think it was called EMIYAs.  Since she heard them play she started to look into music more when not studying.  I think she might have a crush on the lead singer.

*Back with Izuku's POV*

I quickly made my way to the waiting room for 1-A.  Finding Todoroki i called out to him.

Izuku: Hey Todoroki you got a sec to talk.

Todoroki: Midoriya?  Sure.

Izuku: So this may be a bit personal, but why did you only use half your quirk?

Todoroki: Bit earlier then I expected to be asked that.  Do you know of quirk marriages?

Izuku: No what are they?

*intermission while Todoroki explains them*

Izuku: So that's how your parents met?

Todoroki: *nod*

Izuku: What does that have to do with you not using your fire?

Todoroki: Endeavor put me and my siblings through hell never to the point of abuse, but it cause such a distaste for him that turned into a small hate.  So I want to prove I can get to the top with just my mom's quirk.

Izuku: Then dropout right here right now.

Todoroki: What?!

Izuku: Your half-assing things like this doesn't look good for the hero course.  Hell your making Minoma of all people look like he's right.  Plus your making your classmates, who want to be your friends look bad.  They are giving their all while your just using half your strength.

Todoroki: I still don't want to use....

Izuku: It's not his fire!  Nor is it your mom's ice.  It's your quirk.  Master it to your fullest.  Do you know why fire is colored the way it is?

Todoroki: No.

Izuku: It the temperature of the flame.  Blue is coldest, followed by red/orange, then yellow, lastly white is the hottest part.  Train your flames to the point they become white hot.  Then you can say to your dad, "I've mastered it to a further point then you".  Also if my guess is correct Endeavor while an asshole will be proud your made his power your own and even stronger then his.

*Todoroki POV*

Why was he helping me?  Did dad put him up to this?  Yet I sensed no hidden intent from him.  I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I forgot about the show.

PM: Will the members of 'Way to the Dawn' please return to the arena.

Izuku: Well I'm off please keep in mind what I said.  If you ever need help working with your quirk come talk to me I consider us friends.

I was about to say a farewell when my phone buzzed with a call.

Fuyumi:  Hey Shoto can you do me a favor?

Shoto: Sure.

Fuyumi: Can you get me the autographs of 'Way to the Dawn' especially the lead singer's.  I'll pay you back if needed.

So she's crushing on Midoriya huh.  Sorry Yaoyoruzu, Uraraka, Jirou you three got another rivial to worry about

Shoto: Sure but I think the lead singer will give his for free.

Fuyumi: Why do you say that?

Shoto: He's a friend of mine.  Also he's a part-time quirk trainer/analysts for UA.

I didn't hear much after that as Fuyumi screeched before I heard a thump.  Sounding as though she fainted I shut my phone down to go enjoy Izuku's music.

To be continued in Part III: Half time and rise of FrostFlame