Shifting timeline

I would start by telling you how "this is the tale of how I became the greatest hero", but this isn't that tale.

My tale begins during elementary school.  I had just found out I was quirkless and told my childhood friend Katsuki " Kacchan" Bakugo.  He then went from a childhood friend to a childhood bully.

"C-come on K-Kacchan you s-shouldn't pick on s-s-someone weaker than y-you," I said trying to defend the kid behind me.

"Shut it Deku you're just a quirkless looser, " Kacchan replied before smacking his fist into his hand causing a small explosion to go off.

My former childhood friend and his goons then proceeded to beat me and the kid I was protecting to a pulp.

"Hey don't you know it's not nice to gang up on someone," said, someone that sounded close to my age.

"It's just Deku he's quirkless" you could hear the annoyance in Kacchan's voice.

"Still you're supposed to help those weaker than you not bully them!"

"Tch whatever let's go guys"

Having heard Kacchan leave I looked up to see four sets of eyes looking at me trying to see if I was ok.  One set was onyx in color and belonged to a girl with raven-colored hair in a spikey ponytail.  The next person looking at me had brown colored eye and brunette colored hair cut in a bob style with a round face.  The third was another girl with purple-colored hair, obsidian colored eyes and what looked like headphone jacks coming out from the bottom part of her ears.  Lastly was a guy with spikey red hair and bright red eyes.

"Are you ok?" Raven-hair asked me

"Y-y-yeah I am thanks to y-you," I told her after taking her hand all while trying to hide the possible new scar I just got.

"That's good...Oh, let me introduce myself and my friends.  I'm Momo Yaoyorozu" the ravenette named momo said happily.

"I'm Ochaco Uraraka," the brunette said a little shyly.

"Kyoka Jiro nice to meet ya" the purple-haired girl added uninterested sounding.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima, also defending someone weak was very manly" added the redhead.

"I'm I-Izuku M-Midoriya, " I told them.

"Come play with us, " Yaoyorozu-san asked with the others nodding in agreement.

From that day forth the five of us were inseparable even ending up in a lot of each other's classes.  Yet the bullying didn't stop or slow down with everyone trying to defend me while others ignored it, even when I said I was fine.  It got to the point that I started to pull away from them to protect them from Kacchan's wrath.  As I got older I started working out to get stronger so that I could protect my friends.  I even picked up playing guitar and singing to calm built-up stress.  Yet despite all that I never got rid of my stutter around others only when I sing does it not show up.

Yet through all that I still never lost my desire to be a hero.  Going so far as to take notes on heroes and their quirks so as to someday be like them.  Them everything came to a head during my third year of middle school.

(Time skip 10 years)

"Ok class your seniors now so you need to think about your future.....who am I kidding you all want to be heroes, " our teacher said causing the class to burst into cheers.

"Oh please teach don't lump me in with these B-list rejects cause I'm going to the top," Kacchan stated full of confidence as ever.

"Hmm, Katsuki Bakugo says here you're going for U.A.," the teacher stated gaining a smirk from Kacchan.

"Well, you and Midoriya that is, " the teacher added bluntly before the whole class burst into laughter.

"Deku! You little shit what's the big idea trying for UA I'm supposed to be the only one from this crappy school that gets in, " Kacchan roared furiously.

"W-well I won't k-know till I t-try right?"

"Try!? Forget having a weak quirk you don't got one to begin with so the entrance exam would..." Just as Kacchan getting ready to insult me further the bell rang for the next class to start.

The rest of the day went by as expected.  Until the end of the day when Kacchan grabs my hero journal explodes in his hands and tossed out the window before I could say anything.  Neither of us noticed the front door opening as Kirishima and the girls walk in.

"Hey Deku if you really want a quirk" Kacchan started with his back to me before turning, " then take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a quirk in your next life."

If I had turned and looked at them after what Bakugo just I would've expressions of disgust, sympathy, and understanding.  Yet I didn't look at them just kept my head down so my hair covered my eyes to hide the tears, then I ran after grabbing the rest of my stuff.  As well as recovering my burnt notebook on the way out.  They followed me cause that's the kind of friends they were, but even as they called my name I didn't stop, not until I was attacked by a villain.

(The encounters with Sludge and All Might are the same as canon except Izuku didn't try to save Bakubitch, I mean Bakuhoe, I mean Bakugo)

*with Kirishima, Momo, Ochaco, and Jiro no pov*

"I can't believe Izubro didn't try to save Bakugo given his desire to be a hero"

"After what he was told I don't blame Izu for ignoring the situation"

" Poor Dekiru hope he's ok"

"He's over there should we follow him to see if he's ok?" Jiro asked the last to speak pointing over towards Izuku slowly walking away.  Though everyone was having the same thought.

"I'm going to beat Bakuhoe into pulp for hurting the cinnamon roll"

To be continued

A/N

Hey _Arsene_ here, this is my first attempt at fanfic/AU writing so if you got any advice and would like to see more just let me know and I'll try to get the next part out soon.