"Why do you hate me?"

I tilt my head at him at his question. "You don't know?" I blurt in surprise.

"Indulge me." Sighing I decide I may as well get comfy as it's clear he isn't going anywhere soon.

"Stefan." I respond simply.

"Stefan?" He responds, arching an eyebrow questioningly. I'm surprised at his genuine ignorance.

"He blames himself. He just wanted what was best for you; and yet here you are driving a stake into his heart every chance you get."

"What does that mean?" His voices seems eerily even; not calm but something else. I just can't place what exactly.

"He's spent years blaming himself. Blaming himself for you running away, for you disappearing from your family's life. And you've let him."

Damon seems to click. Sitting up he moves closer to me leaning in and bringing his face to a few inches from mine, causing me to flinch away slightly. "I guess you think you've got it all figured out. Golden boy could never do wrong right?"

"You've hardly shown me you're better than him." I stand my ground. I believe Stefan.

"Then you deserve each other." He stands abruptly. "You shouldn't point finges until you know all the facts." He spits, storming out of my room. I'm left sat with my own thoughts. I know I've been trying to get him to leave all evening; but now he has I can't help but feel bad. And like I'm missing something? He seemed hurt...

But then what nice thing has he ever done for me? What has he ever done to make me think otherwise? Why am I sat here feeling bad for Damon? I trust Stefan and what he told me; but I can't help the niggling feeling telling me maybe, just maybe, there's a little more to the story, that Stefan chose not to share.

Shaking the feeling, I slip under the covers to finally go to sleep. I'm gone tomorrow and I can leave all this behind me. Finally - long overdue.

➰➰➰

A scratching noise wakes me. Glancing at my clock, it reads 23:45. Wrapping my duvet around me securely, I reluctantly stand to try and identify what the noise is and track down where it's coming from. I end up at my window; slowly opening the curtains reveals that the noise is coming from small stones hitting the glass? Confused, I open the doors and step out onto my balcony.

Unfortunately, whoever is throwing them hasn't registered me and throws another three that each hit a different part of me; my forehead, chest and right arm. "Ow!" I yelp, now at the railing.

Looking down, I'm surprised to see it's Stefan. "Oops! Dammit, I'm sorry!" He's stood below my balcony looking a little sheepish, dressed in a dashing black suit - the very same from dinner earlier. "Rosaline Princeton, would you do me the honour of spending your last night with me?" He smiles.

"I don't know if that's a good idea..." I bite my lip hesitantly.

"Please?" He pleads. "Tonight, we're just two teenagers in lo-who like each other as much as I like you." Taking a deep breath, I ignore his stumble knowing there's no point pushing it when I'm leaving in 12 hours. What good would that do me?

"Okay Stefan." I breathe. I'm going to do it, what's the worst that can happen? It's my goodbye to Stefan, and England. "Okay."

"Thank you. I'll meet you at your door." He grins.

Returning into my room and closing my close my windows. Rummaging through my wardrobe, I settle on a cute black and white striped top, grey jeans, white flats and a greeny brown jacket (pictured below).