Chapter 2

Sherlock waved around the sparse bedroom. "This is it. It's fairly simple."

As John looked around, opening the closet to peer inside, Sherlock was examining him.

Although a few inches shorter than Sherlock, he had a presence that drew the eye and made him seem bigger. He was dressed in navy trousers, a light blue dress shirt, and a grey flecked wooly jumper. Unfortunately, it hid his upper body a little too well. Overall, he seemed slim and fit, and matched the description from the online profile. That was rare, in Sherlock's experience, and showed that John had integrity.

His short, well-trimmed light hair and friendly expression made him seem like the perfect doctor, but Sherlock had a hard time connecting the man before him with his idea of a dominant. Shouldn't he have dark colouring, with huge piercing eyes? Full, lush lips and an overly bright set of bleached teeth? Tight black clothing, with boots that went at least to his knees, if not higher?

Sherlock was chuckling to himself as he followed John back down the stairs, imaging John in that get-up, possibly with spray-tanned skin and dyed black hair.

John sent him a questioning look, and Sherlock schooled his features, pushing the image away. "Um...come, the kitchen is this way."

He had only done some half-hearted tidying up. Any potential flatmate had to be comfortable with a bit of casual disarray. The state of the apartment didn't seem to put him off.

They discussed the rent, and John seemed to find it quite reasonable for a decent place in the heart of London.

John levelled a direct look at Sherlock. "We met on Grindr, so you are aware of my proclivities. Do you mind if I bring people back here?"

Shaking his head, Sherlock sat down in his armchair and crossed his legs. "Not at all. What you do in your bedroom is your business."

Nodding, John stepped closer, until Sherlock had to tilt his head up to meet his eyes. He was quiet, a stillness around him that made things seem more intense somehow, and Sherlock felt very aware of his dark blue eyes looking down at him.

"Your message before said you aren't looking for sex. Is that still the case?" His voice was soft, but a deeper tone. It matched his interested gaze.

Blinking a few times, Sherlock found it almost hard to look away. He finally did, shifting in the chair slightly. "I, um, consider myself married to my work. I'm not looking for anything..."

John's lips tightened slightly. "Like I said before, that's a pity. I would love to see those lush lips wrapped around my cock." His gaze dropped to Sherlock's mouth for a few heartbeats, and then he stepped back.

He walked quickly to the doorway and took his coat down from the hook. Drawing it on, he turned back to Sherlock. "Well, I am interested in the place. Don't worry, I won't proposition you again."

Sherlock managed to get up, that graphic sentence still ringing in his head. He struggled to appear normal again. John was unpredictable, it seemed, but Sherlock liked that.

Holding out his hand, he shook John's. It was warm and surprisingly strong. "It's your's then. I'll have the key and lease ready when you come back with your possessions."

They finalized the details and John soon left.

Sherlock went back to his online research, letting out an irritated huff occasionally. It wasn't the first time he had received a sexual comment like that. Why did this one keep echoing and echoing in his mind?