Part Two

Alice Lencon made her way down Reyen City's main street which by this point was packed with people who commuted to and from work each day. She noticed a number of Pairisians in the crowd and some of them sought her attention.

“Miss Lencon, a moment please.” A Pairisian Man said to Alice. She noticed he had two very children with him who were around four or five years of age.

“I want to help you and your kids, but I'm just a civilian like yourself.” Alice Lencon told the Pairsian man. “Have you gone to AGARA, I'm sure they can provide temporary housing?”

“You've seen what STPLA's capable of.” The Pairisian Man told Alice who nodded. “One of their soldiers attacked my wife and made me watch.”

“Damn.” Alice Lencon responded. “I'm sure my grandfather's sending Amderestan Military forces across the border to deal with STPLA. Your kids, were they?” She couldn't bring herself to finish her query.

The Pairisian Man composed himself and told Alice STPLA forces had ignored his two kids. Alice like most people were outraged at the thing STPLA personnel were doing to civilians.

“You and your kids could stay at my place for awhile.” Alice Lencon suggested to the Pairisian Man.

“Bless you.” The Pairisian Man said as tears streamed down his face. “You don't have to do this.”

“No, I insist.” Alice Lencon responded. “I haven't caught your name yet.”

“Sorry, I'm Michael Kinns and this is Sarah and Lisa.” The Pairisian Man said as he shook Alice's offered hand. Sarah and Lisa did the same.

Alice got down to Sarah and Lisa's eye level and told them she would take them out shopping for a few things. She stood back up and turned toward Michael Kinns' direction.

“Here's my spare keycard, you can use it to access my apartment.” Alice Lencon told Michael Kinns. “Just go three blocks that way and go a ¼ mile up the side street. Enter the apartment complex on the left side of the street and tell the doorman you and your kids are staying with me.”

“Thank you, Alice.” Michael Kinns said. “Sarah, Lisa be on your best behavior for Miss Lencon. I'll see you two in a bit.” Sarah Kinns and Lisa Kinns each gave their father a hug.

Alice Lencon took Lisa and Sarah to various stores in Reyen City's commercial district and she got them a some outfits to wear and a few dolls and things to play with since they had leave everything except the clothes they wore.

After several hours, Alice Lencon, Sarah Kinns and her sister Lisa Kinns entered Alice's apartment situated on the fifteenth floor and overlooked gave a view to several nearby apartment complexes. Alice found a seat in a recliner while Sarah and Lisa played on with their dolls on the floor.

“Sarah and Lisa shouldn't have to deal with this.” Michael Kinns told Alice as she went into her kitchen and prepared a meal for the four of them.

Alice fixed a plate of food for herself, Michael Kinns, Sarah and Lisa and brought them into the living room. She gave three plates of food to Michael, Sarah and Lisa who ate their meal. She activated her datapad and she connected it to the Amderestan Data and Information Service.

On Taronia, Commander Jonathan Lencon sat at the desk in his office at Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headquarters and looked over stacks of datapads which had piled up.

A holographic map of the Amderesta Galaxy, Parisia Galaxies, Tarozenian Galaxy was projected from the holo-projector in the room. The transponder signals from Amderestan Military, Tarozenian Military, Parisian Military, Dancalian Military, and Quinuenian Military and Quanuenian Military were indicated by green triangles. STPLA vessels were indictated by red circles. The holographic map showed the real-time engagements between the Amdronian Group Alliance Military Forces and STPLA forces in the Southeast, South Central and Southwest Pairisia Galaxies.