Chapter Twenty-Nine: Dead Beast

Start from the beginning

"Why?" She asks the most important question, he could have used this for good, used it to protect Gevaudan.

"It's what I am. What I've become," he began, as I imagine he will dive into the backstory on how he become a Beast. "You've heard the old story of what happens, when you drink rainwater from the paw print of a wolf... You become the Demon-Wolf," he states as this was madness. Marie-Jeanne was speechless, she couldn't say a word as this was breaking her heart. I see her cock her gaze to the town's men, wanting so desperately to tell them that the Beast was sat in front of her. However, it wouldn't end well for anyone of us...

"Go. Go ahead. Tell them it's me. Then watch me tear them apart in a matter of moments. Every last soul in this place. Even the pretty little bar-wench," Sebastian states his voice spiteful and held conviction as he would do it. And did he just call me a bar-wench... Excusez-moi...

"You're a monster," I hear Marie-Jeanne states, her tone even more broken.

"Beast, Marie-Jeanne. The Beast," he replied with a smug look on his face, and he was so proud of that title. He got up from his seat, and made his way over to his sister. He leans down and touches her back, but she pulls back, frighten of him. But I was ready to intervene if he did anything to her.

"You won't catch me," he states to her, and brings forth his hand to wipe the tears from her eyes and then places his hand to the side of her head. "And you won't kill me," he leans forward, to whisper something in her ear. "We're family, Marie-Jeanne," he places a kiss on her forehead to mock her and pulls back ready to leave. "We're family," he states before walking away, and she quickly stands, her gaze on him, as my eyes went also to him. He just turns to look at Marie-Jeanne giving her a devilish smile and he left...

I should have ripped his heart out right there and then, but I couldn't do that to Marie-Jeanne. In the end it was up to her to kill the Beast...

...............................

Marie-Jeanne and I went back to Henri, to figure out how to kill the Beast once and for all. We stood in his cabin as he places a crossbow onto the table, but we needed something bigger than that.

"One bolt may bot be enough. We need something that cuts deeper," Henri states to us, his eyes flickering between.

"A sword?" Marie-Jeanne states. "An axe?" We had no idea what could keep him down, or if my magic would work in his wolf-form.

"Something that uses the weight of the Beast against itself," Henri had suggested to us, making us look at one another wondering what weapon could work on the Beast. I see Henri pick up an arrow head and looks closely at it. "I think I may have a possibility," Henri made us listen to what he had to say, as I eyed him up.

He began telling us his plan, that we should make a massive a pike but the spear part at the top would not be ordinary steel, but it would be embed with blood from Marie-Jeanne, ingredients mixed in like Mountain Ash and Wolfsbane, and blessed by the light of the full moon. But will all that you would need a Witch too perform such a magical feat...

"So, will yo do it?" Henri asks me after he had finished explaining his plan. My eyes cast between Henri and Marie-Jeanne, as this was a right thing to do, to stop the Beast once and for all.

"I will do it," I state strongly to them both as they smiled pleased with my answer...

Thus began the making of the pike. Henri had forged the pike top, and the night was now upon us. We gathered outside under the light of the full moon as the pike laid on a cloth. Four-torches were set around it. The Wolfsbane and Mountain Ash were all ready mixed in with the creation of the pike, all that was left was to add Marie-Jeanne's blood, and bless it by the moon light from the full moon. I nodded my head to Marie-Jeanne as I told her to go. She grabs a knife and cuts her palm open, and moves her hand over the pike, blood dripped from the wound, covering the pike in droplets of blood.