6 I Hate Kitchen Tools

I have no idea what time of the day it is.

I don't know how long I've been in this fucking wooden box, and I definitely don't want to be in here much longer.

Over the past, wayyy to many, hours, I think I've figured out everything so far.

Obviously Grander wasn't the Gray I had known. He left our apartment complex on his own, and has had some motive or reason to be here for three months. I don't know about this thing with his family. I'm assuming everything I'd ever known about him is now sitting in a pile of shit. He could have 18 brothers and sisters for all I knew and wonderful parents.

But I was pretty good at reading people.
I don't think Grander has wonderful parents.

He's obviously not a good guy.
Guns? Knives? Italy? Giant mansion?

It SCREAMED gang.
Cult maybe?

I couldn't be too sure.

Grander obviously has some sort of authority here. Maybe he was the leader.

But based on that conversation between the ugly men outside the house, I would say there is someone, somewhere, with a lot more power.

I have to admit that when he told me I was pointless and insignificant it hurt. A lot.

I'd only heard those words directed towards me by mommy dearest. Remember that theoretical box she checked? Yea. Making sure to lower the self esteem and love of your children was apparently included too.

I don't think I'm in love with Grander.

I really liked him. A lot.

But I was always told by my dad that being in love with someone means giving yourself away fully to the other person, trusting them with your soul.

I definitely didn't trust Grander with my soul.

Luckily he wasn't there the day I was ready to give it to him.

I think I would have more trust in Princess 5 foot leprechaun duck man than him.

I had to figure out a way to escape.

I considered playing stupid. It might work. Some men buy the whole change in personality thing. But Grander knows me better.

I had moved from the wooden desk to the floor.

Im so hungry. But I'm not going to give up.

I honestly have no idea what to do.

I still had the switchblade in my hand and I'd been dragging it back and forth on the floor.

The candle was almost completely burnt out and the dark was creeping over the room.

I mentally decided I had to get over Grander. No matter how much it hurt. This is what happens when you open up to people. You get kidnapped. Take my advice kids and keep to yourself. It's very possible you could get locked in a room inside a mansion by your old best friend.

The door made a thump.

Fuck. He's back.

The lock echoed once again throughout the room and the door swung open slamming against the wall.

Wonderful.

Guess who it was.

Standing there with a scowl on his face.

I swear all he needs is a pink gown and he's set.

"Let's go" demanded Princess 5 foot leprechaun duck man.

I didn't fight it this time.

I had nowhere else to go anyways.

I stood up and my legs tingled because they'd fallen asleep multiple times. I stomped past him through the door and looked slightly over my shoulder. He was locking the door.

I made a run for it.

I ran past that stupid squeaky couch, through the door of that room, into a large dining room, (I saw flashes of red black and gold. Stupid decorations), and then into ... a kitchen?

Fuck. There were men dressed in black left and right. I turned around to go back the way I came. But Princess 5 foot leprechaun duck man was there.

He grabbed me by my hips and forced me onto the kitchen table. An island table. I always thought they were cute all on their own. Not anymore.

There was 7 men. The same 4 from out front a couple of hours a go, Princess 5 foot leprechaun duck man, a scrawny looking boy, and Grander.

Wonderful.

I was breathing heavy and my face was flushed.
Damn was I angry. Also kinda terrified.

"Really Em? Running? That was never really your thing was it?" said Grander.

None of the other men spoke. They all just watched him.

He was in the same outfit from before, and he was leaning against the counter connected to the sink. Which also happened to be conveniently next to the shelf of knives.

Shit taki-mushrooms.

"Really Grander? I didn't think gangs were your thing either." I scowled.

Everyone in the room laughed.

What was it with people here laughing at the weirdest times?

"Gang Em, that's your best guess huh?"

"Stop calling me that."

"This isn't some "gang" sweetheart. This is where people prepare for hell"

"Wow. Specific."

I rolled my eyes and noticed the other men shifted uncomfortably. I could tell they weren't used to people talking like that to their leader.

Grander looked around frantically.

He straitened himself out and walked over to me harshly. His feet didn't drag.

Princess 5 foot leprechaun duck mans hands were strong. I tried to throw him off but had no success.

Grander leaned close to my face. His hands behind his back in a fist, his lips came centimeters away from mine and he stared straight into my eyes. His became a dark chocolate now.

I hate dark chocolate.

"Your going to die. He can't find out you were ever here, let alone actually exist. So your going bye bye. I think he'd prefer it that way. I will no longer endanger my men. Although I have to say, you were tough to find. Three months is a long time. Longest anyone has ever escaped me."

"Are you kidding me? I won't let you kill me. I was looking FOR you not AWAY from you. Who are you? And why am I a threat?"

There was a long silence. No one moved.

"Em. He doesn't like little girls involved in his dirty work. We'd all die. So you'll just have to be the sacrifice."

"WHO THE FUCK IS HE?"

Just then, the kitchen door swung open and a small man with bright blonde hair and red eyes entered in a panic. He looked around until he made eye contact with Grander.

Grander froze.

All the men in the room took a sharp breath.

Only two words came out of the frail man.

"He knows."

Safe to say the pan that hit the back of my head moments later left a bruise. I knew there was always a reason I hated kitchen tools.