Chapter Twelve: The Spear, Part Two

Start from the beginning

Monica would have killed him then and there, but once again there was the issue of not wanting to take Sam and Jack with him.

Garth hit Jack, flinging him across the room.

"Jack!" Both Monica and Sam yelled. Monica ran to her brother while Sam turned to Garth. "Oh, Sam, he's in my head," Garth said.

Monica glanced at him, then looked back to Jack. "Jack, are you okay? Come on, get up, please, we have to go--"

Jack pushed her bangs out of her face. "Hey, I'm fine. It's okay." He looked at Garth. "I take that back."

"He won't let me stop," Garth said, growling again.

"Garth?" Sam asked, as fangs filled his mouth.

"I'm sorry," he managed, before lunging at them.

Sam dodged a few blows before holding up his hands and stepping back. "Hey, don't do this, you don't have to do this."

Garth lunged again, but this time Sam punched him in the face.

Monica helped her brother up. They watched from a short distance, feeling helpless, but they knew running in would only make things worse.

Finally, Sam, had him trapped with the blade at his neck. "Fight this, you have to fight this," He said, struggling to hang on to him.

Garth flipped Sam over just as Jack lunged for him.

Monica ran to Sam this time, wishing she could be something other than a battle nurse. "Jack!" She screamed as they rolled on the floor. She turned to Sam. "Sam, get up. Come on." She slapped his cheeks lightly. "You have to get up."

Sam's eyes stayed shut.

"Okay, let's try something else." Monica sucked in a few breaths, trying to stay calm. She placed a palm on each of his temples and closed her eyes.

Sam jolted up, gasping, still too weak to get up.

"Good, good, hey, look at me. Sam, look at me." Sam's eyes slowly focused on her face.

Monica turned to see Garth had her brother pinned and was inches from his face. "Jack!" She screamed yet again and ran up to Garth from behind. She put her palms on Garth just long enough to sedate him for a while.

By now Sam was up. He ran to them as Monica was focusing on the scratches on Jack's face. "Hey hold still for a moment," She said, gently placing her hand on the wound. Light flashed and he was healed. "Are you okay?"

Jack nodded, still panting.

They tied up Garth and put him in the trunk, just as Dean and Cass showed up. "Thanks for waitin' for us," Dean said.

Sam looked at him. "Didn't have a choice."

Monica was sitting with Jack on the hood of a blue car. He looked at her. "I forgot to thank you for saving my life."

She shook her head. "Even if I wasn't there, Sam would have gotten up and helped you. Or you would have foughten him off."

"But, I am stuck with you. So, thank you."

Monica looked at him and grinned slightly, remembering the last time he said that.

Cass entered the room. He looked at Jack and Monica. "Are you okay?"

They nodded.

"Good." He pushed Monica's hair out of her eyes to reveal the bruise where she had been hit. Castiel placed his fingers on her forehead and healed her.