Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 1.

Depuis le début

"Oh, behave!" Julian rolled his eyes, mildly disgusted by his friend's verbal foreplay. "Then again, the Argentine Tango is supposed to be a pretty sexy dance. With you looking so good, I don't know how I'll be able to contain myself."

Ew, and I just ate, man! "Ooh, you naughty boy! Does your mother know you talk with that kind of mouth?"

"No, and she never will. After all, this kind of mouth is made especially for you, you naughty, naughty little minx."

Julian shut his eyes, hoping to tune out the rest of that ridiculous conversation. He couldn't believe that came out of his roommate's mouth. It didn't seem like Liam at all - the words just didn't seem right coming out of his mouth. Then again, if there was anything he learned from past relationships, it's that a man will say anything to keep his woman happy, no matter how ridiculous it sounds coming out of his mouth.

I'd say anything to make Georgia happy.  He smiled as remembered taking her hand and running with her to the cafe, catching the bright smile across her face in the corner of his eye. I would say anything in order for her to smile like that again.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Julian glanced over to see Sophie leaning toward him, her eyes sparkling with mischievous naughtiness. Uh-oh... "Or is there something more...interesting you prefer?"

He watched as the tip of her tongue grazed against her crimson soaked lips. Now he knew what a gazelle felt like while being stared down by a cheetah. "I-I was just thinking of how fun it will be, and how I hope I can remember the steps."

"Aw, don't worry, Julian." This time, he managed to move his hand before she had a chance to place hers on top. Confusion rolled across her face briefly before she smiled again. "I have no double in my mind that you are still a wonderful dancer. I know I'm in very good hands."

"Yeah, - friendly hands" he replied, enunciating the word "friend". "Because, you know - we are going as friends, right? Because "

"Friends? Right, friends." The disappointment in her tone wasn't lost on him. "Of course we're going as friend. Unless...there's something that you aren't telling me."

Julian eyed her warily. "What do you mean by that? I'm not hiding anything."

"You so sure about that?" Julian shifted uncomfortably at Sophie's hard stare. "Come on, Julian - I noticed how you came at me for saying a few words about that girl yesterday - the same girl I saw you were getting cozy with at the cafe."

"I told you - she was just helping me with my Anthropology paper." It wasn't entirely a lie. "Besides, she was upset about something, and I was trying to comfort her, that's all."

"And I bet she was just loving every minute of it, wasn't she?" Venom dripped freely from her mouth. "She sounds like she's no good to me. You don't deserve a girl like that."

"How can you say that when you don't even know her?" He pushed down his rising agitation. "You don't even know what she was upset about."

"I don't need to know what made her go 'boo-hoo' to know that she's no good for you Julian," Sophie continued, fully invested in her train of thought. "What is she doing seeking comfort from you when she has a boyfriend for that, an attractive boyfriend I might add? Being a total skeeze, that's what. The fact that she's not even that cute makes it more shameless."

"You don't know what you are talking about." His voice carried enough firmness to assertive rather than aggressive. He didn't want to poke the tiger, but I couldn't stand hearing her talk like that about Georgia, either. "George isn't like that at all."

"George?!" She threw her head back in loud laughter. "Seriously, does she call herself that? Gee, I wonder why. Could be her charming-but-boyish looks."