Chapter 27 Death Got A Heart

Kirito ran down the stairs as he called the ambulance and reached the car. Vivian's eyes were shut and she lay on the pieces of glass, peacefully. Her mouth was bleeding.

"Vivian!" Kirito shouted as she picked her up and pressed her head on his lap. He removed the pieces of glass from her hair and pressed his hands on her face.

"Vivian, talk to me! Here! See, I'm here. I'll never leave you alone. You shouldn't either, right?! I dumped Erika, I won't cheat anymore, I won't even drink or make you work! I'll give you everything-"

"You can't have everything-- Where will you keep it?"

Slowly it started raining and the blood on her body begin to wash; drain away with the rainwater. Lucus stood beside Kirito, staring at his watch. It seemed he was inaudible and inconceivable by the living.

"Alright, let's go now--"
"You can't leave yet. Not you too, Vivian" Kirito said. Lucus stared at Kirito "I don't want everything. I want you, Vivian."

It rained harder as Lucus stared at Kirito "This hurts."
Lucus turned and looked at the ambulance arrive. He pressed his chest as he looked at the red, flowing water.

"Yeah. I don't have one--But then, why do I feel so absurd."

The doctors chopped off her hair and began the operation. Kirito stood outside the operation theatre with the rest of his family.

"Vivian's parents are on their way" Mrs. Hiomi said. Kirito couldn't hear anything anymore.

'Oh no! I'm getting a panic attack' He thought as he clenched his shirt 'What the hell! Not now'

Mrs. Hiomi hugged him tightly as he stood outside the door "You are not alone, son. We are with you."
He pushed her away and ran out of the hospital lobby "Kirito!" She shouted.

'It's coming! It's coming' He thought as he ran out and reached the reception area. As he ran, he saw his reflection on the glass in front of the bill counter. He grabbed the fancy steel fence from the door and threw it on the bill counter.

Clerks sitting inside quickly leaned under the table. Kirito shrivelled as he moved away. Everyone stared at him.

'Don't look at me!' He shouted inside his mind and ran outside the hospital. He ran on the empty, dark and wet road until he exhausted himself and fell on the ground. Drops of rain fell on his face.

Lucus sat on the operation table and took a deep sigh "Alright, enough. Get up now" He jumped down and Vivian's soul got up from her body. All her vitals started dropping as she came out of her body.
Lucus smiled and said "Follow me." She tugged his shirt and he turned back. "I don't want to go yet,"

"You're gonna be much happier and free after this."
"Then, I don't want to be happier. There are some things I still have to do, I need to walk a few more miles."
Lucus smiled as he pressed her head "Should I say it the hard way, you've run out of time."

"Then please give me more time! I need it-- Please understand. Have you never loved someone?"

"Anyone I love, will die. And so, my creator decided not to give me a heart,"
"But," She said as she grabbed his hand. She looked into his eyes and looked back into hers "You're not cold" She said as she pressed his cold hands on her face.

He chuckled "What are you saying. I'm freezing, idiot"
She smiled at him and he stopped smiling as he looked at her.

"Her vitals are dropping! Hurry, get the stuture- Hurry up!" The head surgeon shouted.
"You're," He took a sigh. He looked at the book for a while "You know what,"

He plucked out the page of Vivian's death from the book and tore it apart. She stare it at it and he pressed the pieces of paper between his fists. Then he looked at her with a smile "You're gonna get me killed someday."

Vivian smiled "More like fired?"

Lucus' fist started red and caught fire. His skin over his hands melted and his bones became visible.
"Jericho!" She held his hand.

"The vitals are normal again!" She turned and looked at the doctors. Vivian turned back to Lucus.

"Well, the first snow can wait a bit longer. It's still October afterall." The paper in his hands which was turned to ashes. His hands were back to normal. She hugged him tightly and shrieked with happiness.

"I love you!"
"That's your problem."
"See! Death got a heart!" She moved away. Then, she looked at his hand. It had burn marks on it.

"Your hand"
"Oh! My body can fix itself, it's not a big deal. However, the scars are left behind."
"But it can feel pain, can't it?"

Lucus didn't reply to that. She held his cold hand and pressed it between her palms. They looked at her body as they continued the operation.
"It's a success!" They announced. Vivian clapped her hands and looked at Lucus who sat on the operation theatre. The doctors left the theatre to announce the good news.

"When can I go back to my body though?" She asked.
"Oh! Didn't I tell you? You can't." Lucus replied.

"What?"
"Once the soul is out of the body, it can't go back into it. There's a scientific term with which mortals call it-- Oh! Right, a coma."

"Till when?"
"Maybe for the rest of your life?"

- To be continued

My Heart Hates Me Because I love you

My Heart Hates Me
Because I love you