Chapter 25 Let It Go

Kurosava walked in the halls of the building's parking lot, while looking at his phone.

"Kirito's wedding album," He looked at the pictures.
"Could this get any more interesting?" He stopped and looked into his phone--a picture of Kirito and Vivian together cutting the wedding cake.

He drove out as Jericho sat on the railings of the building and looked at the car with the book in his hand.
"Should I let this happen?" He then touched his choker "Sorry guys, I'm bound by the law"

Vivian was sitting at the dining table, chopping few onions for the dinner. Suddenly, she heard Kirito's voice.
"What are you doing?" He asked as he stood behind her.

"You're back from office? I was just preparing the dinner." She wiped her tears. "I'll go wash my face" She kept the knife aside and went to the bathroom. Kirito looked at the chopped onions.

"Onions, I swear one day I'll make you cry" Vivian returned back and picked up the bowl of chopped onions.
"I'll cook something" Kirito looked into his phone as she cooked.

'How long are you gonna be angry? Let's grab a drink.' He typed.
'Fine, come to the bar- I'm there already with my cousin' She typed.
'Alright, I'll get there' Kirito typed and got up.

"Where are you going?" Vivian asked.
"I've got some work" He said.
"What about dinner?" She asked.
"I will have it outside" He closed the door. She looked at the bowl of onions, covered it with a metal foil and kept it back inside the fridge.

Kirito entered the bar and found Erika sitting with another girl.
"Hey" The girl turned towards Kirito and smiled.
"Hello," Kirito sat beside Erika.

"Your boyfriend is hot" She grinned. "Right?" Erika wrapped her arms around Kirito's arm.
"Who is she?" Kirito asked.

"She's my cousin, Nana. Nana, he's Kirito-"
"Yeah, you always talk about him." Nana said.
"Yeah! We were inseparable before. But now he's changed after marriage. He has started ignoring me-- I take out time for him and he is always busy"

"I need to earn. You call me in the middle of nowhere"
"Hey did you smoke?" Erika asked. Kirito clenched the drink glass as Arata stared at him.

"That Kurosava bastard is upto something again." Kirito said "He's after Vivian."
"That's awesome!"
"What?"
"I mean-- It's perfect! If he's after Vivian-- It certainly means that you can be free of her! They can get together then she'll give you a divorce or better-- You could give her a divorce because she would be cheating on you."

"I don't think that would happen."
"Why?"
"Vivian likes me not that ugly ass mother fucker."
"People change, Kirito. It's not like she'll always like you."
"Are you referring to yourself?"
"What the-- Are you picking a fight now?"

"Nah, I'd rather not waste my energy."
"Stop treating me like shit!" Erika continued ranting about her problems while Kirito just drank 'She's so annoying-- Why do I even like her?'

"Are you listening?!" She shouted.
"I'm not." He replied.
"Tell me, have you fallen for her?"
"Who?"
"Your fucking wife-- who else?!"
"Definitely not. Why? You're suddenly insecure of losing to a villager? Or is that how far your standards go?"

"You're bring extremely rude, you know that?"
"Don't care."
"Why is your mood so bad? You invited me to make up."
He pressed the glass on the table "Listen here." She looked at him "Stop a dressing yourself as some princess because you're definitely not one. And if you think you can threaten me by saying you won't talk to me anymore-- Then fine! I'm leaving." He got up.

She grabbed his hand and he looked at her "Kirito, do you even love me?" Erika asked. Arata just rolled his eyes as he picked up another glass.
"Yeah she's drunk" Kirito said.
"Say it!"
"I loved you a lot"

"Now?"
"Now you're just being a pain by playing this hard to get when you know who the side-chick is over here."

"Honestly, I knew this day would come. I mean-- Yeah that's what they'd call me now, a 'side chick'. You know what Kirito, you're not at fault here. Thing is I lost you because I didn't bother fighting for you. I always depended on you that somehow you'd make it work. I didn't even meet your parents because I thought you'd handle everything by yourself... I should've fought for you."

"This is so cringy" He looked at his drink.
"I just wanted to hold on to you but now it's hurting both of us."
"You never made any effort to hold onto me."
"I know!"
"Then, you have no right to say that you wanted to hold on! You were never there when I needed you--"

'Take good care of her, she might not always stay with you, you know'

"...Vivian," He eyes widened. Arata looked at him.
"What?"

'Thinking about it, I haven't met your wife yet. You don't even invite me for a dinner so that I could meet her'

'Oh no! She's alone at home!' Kirito thought as he suddenly got up and put on his coat.
"Kirito!" Erika exclaimed.
"I've gotta go!"
"No! His might be the last time we see each other. Please stay a bit longer." She grabbed his arm. He turned towards her "Please, Kirito. Do something for me just one last time. After that I promise-- I won't ever see you again"

He looked at Arata and Arata nodded quietly. Kirito sat beside her and listened to her as she spoke.

Meanwhile, Kurosava stopped in front of Kirito's apartment building. He got down from his car and walked towards the lift.

"It's a matter of few minutes now" Jericho looked into his watch. The book in his hand began shining as a clock drew on it and made the sound of a huge church bell.

He opened it and sadly looked into "Oh boy,"
In cursive, old calligraphy, it read

××××××××××××××××××××××××××
《V I V I A N H I O M I》:《25》
《T O K Y O : J A P A N》
《C A U S E O F D E A T H 》
○ HAEMORRHAGE ○
××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"This is never not sad."

- To be continued

Vivian Garnette My Heart Hates Me

Vivian Garnette
My Heart Hates Me