lost | william vangeance x depressed!reader

Start from the beginning

To no surprise, Alecdora is standing outside my office door, awaiting my arrival as always. He salutes me and I give him a terse nod in return. Before I enter my office, I tell him, "I need a favor. Could you retrieve Mimosa Vermillion for me? There's something important I have to discuss with her."

He nods, "Yes, sir."

The moment I close my door, I realize just how empty I feel. Without (Y/n) by my side, I'm unsettled. If only I wasn't so busy, I could've kept an eye on her.

I sit in front of my desk and shift my gaze to the mounds of paperwork I have yet to sort out. I pick up my pen as if I'm about to fill out these papers, but I just mindlessly twirl it around in my hand instead. I'm not in the mood to be productive.

My eyes begin to droop from the sudden fatigue that hits me. But before I can drift off to sleep, there's a knock on the door. I quickly fix my slothful posture, sitting with my hands neatly clasped on the desk's surface.

"Come in!"

The door swings open and Alecdora enters with Mimosa following closely behind. He dismisses himself and leaves Mimosa and I to speak privately.

Mimosa's Point of View:

Not to be dramatic or anything, but I'm freaking out. I've never seen the captain so distressed before. Am I in trouble? What if I'm the cause of this?

I salute to him with a shaky hand and brace for the worst to come. He nods, allowing me to relax my hand. There's a brief silence until he finally speaks.

"I'm told that you accompanied Vice Captain (Y/n) on her previous mission. Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"During your mission...did she mention anything about where she'd be going afterward? She's been gone for a week and we're currently searching for her."

That explains it...

I shake my head, "I'm sorry but she never said anything along those lines. However, I did spot her leaving headquarters around midnight. She looked like she was in a hurry, so I didn't bother to ask where she was going."

"I see," he mutters, "Was she carrying anything with her?"

"Yeah, I think it was a small suitcase. That's all," I answer.

"Interesting. Well, thank you for your assistance. You're dismissed."

I bow and exit his office in a trance.

Everything I said was true, but I left out one detail...When she was leaving, tears were streaming down her face. Her head was down, so I barely saw them, but I could tell she was crying. I wonder where she was off to.

Please be alright, Vice-Captain.

~The Next Day~

William's Point of View:

I barely slept last night. Despite my exhaustion, I tossed and turned from nagging thoughts. My mind was drifting between anxiety and sleep deprivation, determining which mattered most. I kept peering through my bedroom window in hopes of seeing (Y/n)'s arrival. Obviously, she never came. If she did come back, I wouldn't be sitting at my office desk with my eyes hardly open. I tried drinking coffee, but it only fed on my apprehension.

Fortunately, a loud knock severs my train of thought.

"Come in!"

The door rapidly opens and Langris enters.