life could be a dream | marx francois x reader

Author's Note:

What did I do to deserve 12k reads?!?! Woah. Thank you!!

"If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love, life could be a dream, sweetheart."

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(h/c) = Hair Color

(e/c) = Eye Color

"(Y/n), for the last time, you're being a distraction. The Wizard King needs to focus on his work. Otherwise, it'll never get done."

Presently, Marx Francois is having trouble with a certain (h/c) haired troublemaker. You see, (Y/n) shares the same position with Marx but doesn't take her job quite as seriously. Much like Julius, she has a tendency to be easily distracted from her work. Not only does this leave Marx with the responsibility of the Wizard King, but it also bestows unto him the responsibility of her as well. It's a pain.

"Marx, all you ever talk about is work. Don't you have any other interests?" she crosses her arms, leaning back into her chair.

"I'm just trying to do my job...unlike some people," he sasses, "If you aren't going to do anything productive, then leave."

Julius smiles at the mushroom head, "It's okay, Marx. She's only making sure you don't bore me to death. Let her stay."

"Yeah, let me stay. Besides, you don't really want me to leave. You love me too much."

The (brunette, blonde, etc.)'s statement caused the Francois' face to go red in a heartbeat. This was nothing out of the ordinary, though. Every day, (Y/n) would flirt with Marx, and in response, Marx gets all flustered. After all the teasing, he still hadn't gotten used to her constant toying.

"I couldn't care less if you left. As long as Julius finishes his work," he replies, glaring at the snickering girl.

"Whatever you say, darling," (Y/n) shrugs, heading for the door, "Just call if you start to miss me."

With that, she was gone.

Marx sighed in relief, "Finally, she left."

Julius frowned, "Now I'm bored."

"Well, work isn't always fun, sir. You should know this by now."

The next few minutes were filled with the sound of paper and occasional scribbling. Yes, it was boring, but it had to be done. After piles and piles of paperwork, Julius figured he'd mention something that's been on his mind lately.

"Say, Marx," he says, grabbing the attention of his advisor, "Would it make you feel better if I assigned (Y/n) to a different job? You're always irritated by her."