what you won't do for love | julius novachrono x reader

Author's Note:

:')

"What you won't do, do for love. You've tried everything but you don't give up."

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(L/n) = Last Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

It's a peaceful day at the capital. Julius Novachrono, the Wizard King, is currently having tea in his office. In front of him, sits one of his loyal assistants, (Y/n) (L/n). She wasn't a fan of hot tea, so she was sipping on iced tea instead. The two of them were indulging in simplistic conversation as they relaxed. Technically, they should be doing paperwork right now, but being the goofy procrastinators they are, that wasn't bound to happen any time soon.

"(Y/n), how would I look with a beard?" Julius voiced, setting down his teacup.

"Hm...you'd look a bit older, but not in a bad way," she speculated.

"I guess you're right... How would I look with a mustache, then?"

(Y/n) thinks for a moment, "Don't grow a mustache."

"Noted."

A comfortable silence occupied the room momentarily. Julius took this moment to admire the woman in front of him. Her (e/c) eyes were so droopy, yet always full of light. Her lips looked so tempting...so kissable. He could go on and on about her lovely features, but her personality was most admirable. Regardless of how shitty her day was, she'd put on a cheery front. Thoughtful, yes, but it made Julius worry about her wellbeing. She'd simply shrug him off and say, "It's my duty to serve you. Don't worry about me, sir." It was clear that not many men understood her value. If they did, she would've been taken by now. But here she is, single and gorgeous as ever.

"Can I ask you something?" (Y/n) interrupts his hopeless daydreams.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, I was just wondering if you've ever experienced love at first sight. It's silly, but the other day, I was thinking about how my parents met. My mom claimed it was love at first sight, but I called bullshit... So have you?"

The question caught Julius off guard, but he composed himself and smiled a bit, "As a matter of fact, I have."

"Really?"

"Of course. When I first laid my eyes on her, I knew I just had to have her. But love at first sight could be tricky. I knew nothing about her. So, I did everything in my power to be around her more often."

"...Did it work?"

"Yep! I now know her favorite food, her favorite book, her least favorite word, her pet peeves, everything."

(Y/n) looked down at her hands for a few seconds before timidly asking, "Do you still love her? Like how you did when you first saw her?"

"No. I don't."

The (brunette, blonde, etc.) felt relieved until Julius spoke his next words.

"That's because I love her even more than when I first laid eyes on her," he grins.

"Oh..." (Y/n) muttered, "Well...who is she? When can I meet her?"

Julius arose from his seat and stood beside (Y/n) who was still seated in front of his desk. He ruffled her hair, making her sink further into the leather chair.

"I have a feeling you've already met her."

"Really? What's her name, then?"

The smiling blonde sighed deeply before pulling (Y/n) out of her seat and into a warm embrace.

"Her name is (Y/n) and I've loved her for many years. There's absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for her."

(Y/n) blushed immensely before replying, "I'm sure she loves you too. And I have a feeling she'd do anything for you as well.

End.

Author's Note:

The Naruto Oneshots book should be published soon. So stay tuned for that shit.

Word Count: 658

Word Count: 658