Prologue: A Series of Fortunes

"Man, I never thought I'd be finding myself here, but you give it a year or more and you really come to like this place." A young voice chuckles. In a vast open college campus a young girl stands out in the open field, admiring the scenery before her. Her long blonde hair flows with the breeze and her ocean blue eyes seem to glint and shine in the sunlight. She fishes through her pockets to find her phone and finds she has a few unanswered texts from someone, and that someone makes her eyes light up. Once she puts her phone away a young man approaches her. He has a robust build, almost like one of a football player and his black curly hair is covered with a baseball cap.

"Hey babe." The young man says as he kisses her on the lips. "What have you been doing out here Cheyenne?"

"Oh nothing much." Cheyenne replies. "Got anything in plan Devin?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary really. I guess we should head to a building and study." Devin says. "We do have that giant test coming up."

"Oh, that." Cheyenne replies, deflating.

"I'll treat you to a date after this." Devin chuckles as the two make their way to one of the large buildings. That's when another young man looks up and waves at them. He has short black hair that's been covered by a flat cap and his glasses have darkened due to the sunlight, masking his chocolate brown eyes from view. Despite that Cheyenne and Devin still recognize him as they walk over and fist bump with the young man.

"Jack? I never thought I'd see you here! I thought you were going to that one college in Ohio!" Cheyenne says.

"I changed my mind after seeing how much money it would take." Jack chuckles. "Where are you two headed? It never hurt to do some catching up."

"We were about to go study but we don't mind if you tag along." Cheyenne replies. They're about to head off when suddenly another person greets them. She has long brunette hair that just falls beyond her shoulders and her hazelnut brown eyes pick out the trio as she happily rushes over to them.

"Man one coincidence after another! Is that you Emily?" Jack asks as he hugs her.

"Yeah!" Emily replies before they let go. "Man one thing after another! We need to exchange numbers."

"That is definitely a must." Cheyenne says as the group of four exchange numbers. "What were you about to do Emily?"

"If you guys hadn't come around I would have driven straight home." Emily replies.

"I was about to do the same thing." Jack chuckles. "Let's head inside."