She sighs and curls into my chest, laying her cheek on me as I pet her. "I'm just frustrated about my progress. If I made better progress we wouldn't have to worry about me not able to do work around the house."

"I'm very proud of your progress, Doll," I assure her. I pet her side and she sighs, looking up at me.

"It's been months and I can't even walk by myself..."

"Yes, but you're making great progress in that time given. You've had this injury for years," I say and she shrugs. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

She sits up, so she can rest her forehead on mine. "Are you mad I asked you about working?"

"...I'm not mad about it."

"But you're not happy..." she finishes.

"Im not unhappy with you. I'm unhappy with the idea of you working. I understand why you want to, but for me I've grow up where subs serve in the home," I try to explain.

She nods and runs her hand through my hair, making me hum. I roll over, laying my head on her lap. Her hands run over my head and I close my eyes.

I can feel her chest rise and fall as she breathes. In a strange way, it is comforting. I tease the side of her body with my finger, she contorts her body away and I chuckle.

I let her rest in piece, closing my eyes and enjoying the warmth seeping from her skin into mine.

I sit up for a second and take off her clothes before laying back down on her. Her warm skin feels so much nicer than her clothes.

She continues to run her fingers through my hair. Peaceful silence sits between us. She eventually falls asleep, but I stay up, listening to her breathe.

The front door opens and closes and I sit up. I know it's probably my dad, but I won't take chances now that I'm not the only one here anymore.

Blue gets off the bed and dashes out the bedroom door, down the hall. I know for sure it's my dad now, but I'm already up. I might as well already confirm it.

"Hey," my dad says, kicking off his shoes. I nod to him in greeting and pick up Blue, ready to take her back to bed with me and Hazel. "Did Haze talk to you?"

I pause, "Yes..."

"She wasn't upset about what I had said to her right?" He asks me, sounding concerned. I think back to dinner.

"She didn't, but should she be?" I ask, shifting Blue in my hands.

"I was a little more curt than I should have been," he admits and I purse my lips. I'm not happy about it, but I know he'll make it right with her.

"She didn't mention anything about being upset, but she was a little. She said you had a miscommunication."

He pauses and nod, "Yeah..."

"She's in bed now. You can probably talk to her tomorrow though." I take Blue down the hall and she looks up at me and meows. I sigh and scratch her behind her ears.

She purrs loudly in my hand.

I set Blue down next to Hazel and she meows again. I shush Blue, but she doesn't listen, nuzzling against Hazel's face. "Blue—"