Forget

Axel's POV

This first drink had been a mistake... and maybe so was the second and forth. "You're damn lucky to have me," Abby had said yesterday as she drove me back home.

I thought that would be the worst repercussion for getting intoxicated after work. After seeing the inflamed lash marks on Hazel this morning though, I realized just how wrong I had been thinking Abby's reprimanding was my punishment for my irresponsible drinking.

No, I don't really like Hazel. I think it's the way that she plays so innocent when I know deep down she's probably a little brat. That doesn't mean that she deserves to be brutally punished because of my drunken state though.

"Do you think they looked bad?" I ask Abby worriedly as she drives us home from a long day of work.

"What looks bad?" I'm grateful she isn't mad at me anymore. She hadn't been pleased when she found out just how much I had drank.

"The...marks." I think back to the irritated lash marks on Hazel. To be honest, I don't know what I had been thinking. I know she's fragile and that it was a bad thing for me to train her while Intoxicated.

"Her cheek?" She asks me, sending redness to my face as I remember the laps in my judgment when I had struck her for trying to drink her bath water.

"Never mind." I don't want to point out how bad of a job I have done with Hazel so far.

"I'm sure she'll be fine and her cheek will heal. I'd just try not to slap her or whatever and let it heal," Abby says, still thinking I am talking about the bruise on Hazel's cheek.

She is right, I am concerned about that too, more so because it just shows me how much I need to work in my training skills and less that it hurt her.

She didn't really deserve to be hit, but Abby is right and it's just a bruise. I'm sure Hazel has gotten much worse.

I am currently concerned with the flog marks though. It was also a defining moment, showing me my poor dom skills. Seeing the marks on her this morning twisted my stomach.

As much as I try not to think about it, I know the marks caused her pain, pain she didn't really earn.

I think that's why it bugs me so much, most of the injuries she has sustained at my hand haven't been fully deserved. It's so irritating to always be the one in the wrong.

That's probably why it bugs me, she should be the one in the wrong. Not me, I'm the dominant, the infallibly one. At the moment though, I'm not.

She isn't rubbing it in my face and she hasn't said anything, but I know I'm the one who is wrong. I don't like it.

It peeves me so much  because I know she isn't as sweet and innocent as she plays. If she would just let out her true nature already, I could take care of it and then my punishment would be warranted.

Even as I push the blame onto Hazel, I can't stop my stomach from twisting at the memory of the inflamed marks. She is so petite, she is like a little doll. "She's small," I say absentmindedly, thinking of Hazel and how she could fit inside that teeny tiny cage.

"She grew up at the facility. She probably never got much to eat." Abby shrugs and I nod. I don't think I could fit in a cage even three times the side of the one she fits in.

"Do you think she's mad at me?" I ask Abby, starting to worry that Hazel will be angry for the marks I left on her. I don't know why I'm worried, I should be excited for her anger.

If she is mad, then her punishment would be warranted and she won't be the 'little Miss Perfect'.

With teaching her to stand and walk, I do have to worry about her running away though which is annoying. I've heard of too many dominants buying a sub and them running away.