Now what the hell was that? I thought.

"So darkskin people aren't beautiful?." I asked screwing up my face.

I don't give a shit if it was a compliment or not. There's other ways to compliment someone, but that one ain't it. Try again sir.

He held up his hands in surrender, and gave us a chuckle.

"No disrespect ma. Just don't usually see two females with y'all skin complexion as beautiful as y'all two. Everyone is beautiful in they own way, it just y'all took my breath away." He stated.

"Oh well thank you." Manny said as she took a sip of her Orange juice.

"Yeah I guess, thank you." I said dryly.

"No problem," he said with that cheesey ass smile of his.

I looked at his name tag and it read, Shawn. Shawn was cute in a way, but the way he came off at first wasn't.

Shawn finally took our orders and headed towards the kitchen to tell the chef to prepare them.

Manny looked at me and laughed.

"What?." I asked.

"Bitch you was about to take that damn boys face off." She shook her head smiling.

I laughed, "Nah cause I hate when a male figure say shit like that. Like oh okay so if we was light skin we would already be pretty?."

She agreed with me.

That's one thing about me and Manny, we always bonded because of our skin tones. Us two was always the "darkest" ones around, whether it was in a classroom, a group of friends, some family members that were very close with.

We was always the outcast because some people was darkskin but we had that dark Melanin magic sprinkled a little more into our favor.

We didn't care, we embraced that shit. Why? Because at least we made this melanin skin fucking popping.

"Sooooooo.. you know I have to ask.." Manny said talking in codes as Shawn placed our food in front of us.

"Enjoy ladies."

"Thanks Shawn." I smiled, then looked back at my sister, "Go' head and ask.."

"How have you really been? Since you know, that whole Kevin shit?" She scooped up some eggs and ate them.

I shrugged, I honestly wished I killed that motherfucker. It's like he would not go ahead, I would have bad dreams about him that'll wake me up and I would not go back to sleep until I felt comfortable. It was driving me crazy.

"You know.. I've been alright.." I lied.

"Stop lying! Talk to me Mani, I'm here for you."

I shook my head, "I wish I would've killed his ass Manny. That man broke me in so many ways possible that I just felt like I wanted to die instead of having to deal with this man." I was losing my appetite just talking bout this man, but I continued talking, "I hope I never run into his ass cause them ain't nothing stopping me from sending him to god."

Manny shook her head, "Well just know you got me sis. That man ain't gonna' hurt you anymore while I'm alive. I promise you."

Changing the subject. I had to bring up that little show that Manny and Dave put on the other day. I couldn't believe her ass embarrassed that man in front of all those people.

"Bitchhhhhh." I began to say.

D A V E

(AT MOMMA T HOUSE)