MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
F O U R T E E N

"There's complexities in complexion
But your skin, it glow like diamonds" — Beyoncé

🌟 D A V E

"So how she doing?" I asked Stephanie as I invited her into my place.

She slowly walked inside and headed towards the living room, where I had most of Armanda stuff ready to be picked up. She insisted that she wanted everything that she'd had left over here.

As Stephanie took a seat she shrugged, "You know.. being pregnant and moody."

"What she having?" I couldn't help but to be all up in her business no matter how much she wanted to do this pregnancy shit alone. But that was my baby too.

"She's throwing a gender reveal.. I think you should come even though she don't want your ass there, which I can't understand why.."

I shook my head, "Nah.. this whole shit is dumb, she really goin' in because Sadie was at the crib.. we wasn't even getting into shit she just needed to tell me that she's moved on with such and such.."

Stephanie shrugged, "I really don't understand why she's acting like that but she'll come around, Dave." I nod not really pressing the issue like how I use to, "but what's up?" She asked.

I took a seat in my lazy boy, "shit, I got all her shit packed up just like how she wanted.."

Steph nodded, "aight, just put it in my back seat and if all can't fit then put the rest in the trunk."

I noticed that she was finally walking on her own with no support, she hasn't fully recovered yet. There was still some limping going on but other than that she was doing great.

"Finally off the crutches I see? How you feeling?."

She sighed and then showed me a big smile, "a bitch fucking happy, I finally feel like I can move around on my own."

"That's what's up. I'm happy for you." I said genuinely.

"Thank you stank ass. Now help me put this shit in my car. I got shit to do for this gender reveal."

I got up from my seat slipping on my Nike slides. Picking up Manny shit and taking it to Steph car. After I was done loading her car with four little boxes. I dug into my shorts and pulled out five bills.

"What's this for?" Steph asked while taking the five hundred dollars from between my fingers.

"Just tell Manny, I'm always here."

It's been three months and I haven't seen or heard from Manny. Every time I would run into either Steph or her mother I always hand them five hundred dollars for her, just to let her know that ima' always hold her down.

The money is never to buy her back or buy her trust. It's just me being me. Knowing that she's carrying my baby, I just want her and my child to be straight, even when I'm not there.

She nod her head, "Got you bro."

I closed her car door for her, before she could drive away I said, "Shoot me the address to the gender reveal."

Stephanie smiled hard as hell. "That's right nigga you better go and get ya bitch back."

A R M A N D A
       (S A T U R D A Y)

I sat at my vanity working on my makeup. Today was the big day and I was super excited.

Today was the day I find out if I'm having a baby girl or baby boy, I don't want to be choosy but please bless me with a baby boy. So I can know that love will always be there for me.