MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
S I X

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option." — Maya Angelo

💫 A R M A N I

"... Blow up spots on bitches because I'm mad, break up affairs lick shots in the air. You get vexed, and start swingin' everywhere, me shifty? Now you want to pistol whip me..Pull out your nine, while I cock on mine-..." I rapped along to Lil Kim as I got dressed in the mirror.

It's was Thursday and three weeks since Diego has been killed. It's been hard. I was crowned the most hated bitch in the neighborhood right now and was forced to stay low and out of dodge for a couple of weeks. But it's been three weeks to long, I was going to show my face today and if something happened then something happened.

Just because everyone hated my guts didn't mean I couldn't walk down the street when I pleased. My life didn't evolve around motherfuckers and I wanted to show them that it didn't.

"ARMANI !! Turn that shit off," my mom yelled through my bedroom door.

I went to open it to find her still standing there but she was talking to Armanda. Seeing me put a bad taste in her mouth, hell knowing that she had to live in the same crib as me made her mad as hell and I didn't give a shit. I was going to make her life a living hell since she took my happiness away by fucking with Dave.

"Since when you don't wanna' hear Lil Kim?" I smirked while leaning against the door frame.

"Since ya ass wanna be playing her every damn day. Listen that's my bitch and all but you got to play her ass on the right occasion." She stated.

I nod my head keeping what she said in mind while all looking at my sister. She gave me the stankest face she ever made in life and I couldn't help but laugh. Why the fuck was this bitch so pressed?

"Problem?" I asked her.

"Don't get your ass beat." She assured me.

I placed my hand over my mouth and giggled, "Ou little miss Armanda popping out that shell of hers. David got you showing out like that?" I teased.

"You mad? Or you mad mad?."

"Bitch mad about what? I've had that nigga already. Had him in anyway you can think of, you just got my sloppy seconds hoe."

"Y'ALL BOTH SHUT THE HELL UP!!" My mom yelled stepping in between us, "I'm so tired of the shit y'all doing, going back in forth for no fucking reason. Now if y'all wanna get technically many other broads had that man before either one of y'all so guess what? Y'all guessing? Y'all just some sloppy second scalawags. DISMISSED!."

Me and Armanda gave each other one final look before our mother told us that we was dismissed, for the second time.

"It's cool I'm going out anyway.. I'll be back later mommy." I said heading for the door.

Kevin was down stairs waiting for me and I couldn't keep him waiting cause if I did that nigga would bring hell and I really didn't have time for that.

"Armani my door is locking at twelve o'clock, no later. So if you thinking bout coming in here after twelve, don't even waste your time."

I nod, "okay mommy, I'll see you later. Love you."

I rushed out the door, hearing Kevin honking his horn for me to hurry up. I just knew his ass bout to have something to say.

Jogging down the stairs of my building and out the front door I quickly got into his Maxima and closed the door. "What's up." I said not really making eye contact as pulled my seat belt on.